Audioholic Posted February 25, 2016 Report Posted February 25, 2016 Its become blackish because your over heating and burning the glue that holds the coil together. Its just a matter of time before she goes unless you resolve the issue. I currently run 2 original (grey cones) solo X 12's off of 1 zx2500.1wired to 2ohm. I purchased the newest black spaires versions as spares.The coils are very dark compared to the older version which are a light copper color. I'm not sure which version you have I'm assuming the black cone,but sub versions get stinky when pushed hard below tuning and/or if the slightest of clipping is introduce. As was my case I clipped the living shit out of the newest version and popped one hence my testimony in the 1st paragraph.Chances are as previously suggested your pushing the sub below tuning...
kingsize513 Posted February 25, 2016 Author Report Posted February 25, 2016 Is the new box tuned higher than the yes it is
kingsize513 Posted February 25, 2016 Author Report Posted February 25, 2016 Its become blackish because your over heating and burning the glue that holds the coil together. Its just a matter of time before she goes unless you resolve the issue. I currently run 2 original (grey cones) solo X 12's off of 1 zx2500.1wired to 2ohm. I purchased the newest black spaires versions as spares.The coils are very dark compared to the older version which are a light copper color. I'm not sure which version you have I'm assuming the black cone,but sub versions get stinky when pushed hard below tuning and/or if the slightest of clipping is introduce. As was my case I clipped the living shit out of the newest version and popped one hence my testimony in the 1st paragraph.Chances are as previously suggested your pushing the sub below the one i have is the gray one. i also have to of the black ones. but i like the older model better. i just got y SMD distortion meter im going to set the gain properly that way i know there is no clipping
Audioholic Posted February 25, 2016 Report Posted February 25, 2016 I 100% agree with you, the grey versions are best. I think the grey versions coils are better built. The black version cones a better built (more rigid constructed cones). Also check your bass boost you might have to turn it down with this new box.
kingsize513 Posted February 25, 2016 Author Report Posted February 25, 2016 I 100% agree with you, the grey versions are best. I think the grey versions coils are better built. The black version cones a better built (more rigid constructed cones). Also check your bass boost you might have to turn it down with this new box. bass boost all the way down and gain only quarter the way up. im gonna take it apart one more time and maybe i can figure something out. im so glad that the solo x is one of the easiest subs to recone.
kingsize513 Posted February 25, 2016 Author Report Posted February 25, 2016 I 100% agree with you, the grey versions are best. I think the grey versions coils are better built. The black version cones a better built (more rigid constructed cones). Also check your bass boost you might have to turn it down with this new box. bass boost all the way down and gain only quarter the way up. im gonna take it apart one more time and maybe i can figure something out. im so glad that the solo x is one of the easiest subs to recone. i just hope i can find another recone kit. hell it took me like 6 month to get this one.
bassman619 Posted February 25, 2016 Report Posted February 25, 2016 I would check the headunit eq settings make sure they are flat. Theen reset the gains and the subsonic and lpf . Make sure youre no more that 5hz below tuning on the subsonic and at about 80hz for the lpf. I think you are either overpowering the sub too much or clipping. I used to run a 15 t2 on 2 1100w amps and it was majorly overpowered. I would always get that smell after hitting hard on one song and eventually the sub gave out. I wasnt clipping but running a 1500w sub at 2200 w rms is a bad idea all around unless u have alot of money to burn. Luckily i had warranty and they replaced it no questions asked. You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
kingsize513 Posted February 25, 2016 Author Report Posted February 25, 2016 I would check the headunit eq settings make sure they are flat. Theen reset the gains and the subsonic and lpf . Make sure youre no more that 5hz below tuning on the subsonic and at about 80hz for the lpf. I think you are either overpowering the sub too much or clipping. I used to run a 15 t2 on 2 1100w amps and it was majorly overpowered. I would always get that smell after hitting hard on one song and eventually the sub gave out. I wasnt clipping but running a 1500w sub at 2200 w rms is a bad idea all around unless u have alot of money to burn. Luckily i had warranty and they replaced it no questions asked. my eq settings on head unit is flat and flat on y clarion eq. but i will make sure all the settings are right on the amp. thanks for the good info
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.