juan_caliente Posted March 4, 2016 Report Posted March 4, 2016 Hi Everyone, I recently recoiled a 2014 L7 15" that I got for $50. I was going to sell it but now I think I want to put it in a center console in my truck. I have an 06 Ram Quad Cab and I removed the center jump seat. It looks like my dimensions are 17" wide x 36" long x 16" tall. Can anyone help me design a ported enclosure that will do this sub justice? I also would like to do sub up, port rear, but am open to suggestions. It will be running off of 1000w. Thank you, John
Joe X Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 Need some more space, I think you have more than 36" width, see if you can increase those dimensions, I usually recommend building a cardboard dummy box to test fit before building.
juan_caliente Posted March 6, 2016 Author Report Posted March 6, 2016 I think I can get 46" if I cover up the rear upholder and remove the front. Would that add enough volume?
Joe X Posted March 6, 2016 Report Posted March 6, 2016 So here is a suggestion, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4 1/4", figure is just an assembly guide:NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.
juan_caliente Posted March 8, 2016 Author Report Posted March 8, 2016 Thanks Joe X. I'll make a cardboard mock up to ensure it can be slid in, but I think it will not be a problem.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.