hdsae60 Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 I have T1675-S components on the front channels of a T400X4AD and the tweets blew the first day. It sounded great for a hour or so then both tweets stopped playing and now read open. I am thinking of setting the crossovers to Bi-amp and just running the high level output from the head unit through the crossovers and to the new tweeters. Is this a bad idea? BTW I used my oscilloscope and tuned the amp for 5dB gain over lap.
reedal Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 That 5dB overlap is too much for the tweets probably. Tweets don't need much power at all SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
hdsae60 Posted March 5, 2016 Author Report Posted March 5, 2016 So I will tune it to 0dB and see what happens. I'm still thinking about trying the bi-amp setting on crossovers and running the head unit output as my second amp for the tweets at 20 Watts.
reedal Posted March 5, 2016 Report Posted March 5, 2016 That should be ok, but you'll more than likely have to readjust all of your gains, because most HU's high level outputs distort sooner than the RCA preouts when checking your max clean volume. SMD Tool Map https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/193176-smd-tool-map-new-november-2014/ Build log https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/197217-reeds-03-tahoe-hat-sqaq-singer-xs-shca-cockbox-80prs/?page=32
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.