Second Skin Audio

Box build for AB XFL 15

Hello all! I would really like some help from you guys on building a box. I will be purchasing a single AB XFL 15 DVC 2, and running at 1ohm (Because this amp is not .5ohm stable lol). I plan on running this amp:

http://www.amazon.com/American-Bass-Amplifier-Phantom-Micro-Technology/dp/B0096BAS10/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457540506&sr=8-1&keywords=american+bass+amplifier

My listening preferences are pretty much isolated to rap (Jeezy, anything chopped and screwed for those nasty lows, and the Wife likes T-Pain). My goal is to get loud and low, hair-tricks if I can with this setup, etc.

My vehicle is a 2006 Mazda 3i SEDAN. The trunk specs. are as follows:

Width: 41"

Height: 18" and 22" closer to the trunk lid

Depth: 20" until the trunk gets wider, then an extra 10-12" from there.

I would really like to have a box that can be taken in and out of the trunk. Yes, I KNOW it will be a bitch to do so, but I do not care as I will be buying a new car after a while and I want to be able to remove the box without breaking it. ;)

I do not want to do any permanent work to my trunk (I will be selling this car after a while also.) I have been told my BEST results will come from sealing my trunk, front-facing the woofer, and porting into the cabin. Again, I do not want to do any permanent "damage" to my car, but I want the BEST results possible that I can achieve, so please let me know what would yield me the best results!

Thanks for all the help!

Jay

So here is a suggestion firing everything back, power: to subs rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, minimum port clearance 4", figure is just an assembly guide:

NOTE: If building outside you need to build a cardboard dummy box to test fit in it's way inside.

abxfl15.jpg

PFSFDBalt_zps005133af.jpg

I have this same setup but with a smaller amp. (500w RMS) Will this sub be able to "hair trick?" With Max power?

I think more information is needed for anyone to say, "Yeah! Hair Tricks all day!" Like, what amp, what vehicle, etc? Someone correct me if I'm wrong!

and @Joe X

I hate to have wasted your time, but Im not dead set on that specific brand woofer. :/ I am trying to narrow down my scope before I drop several hundred dollars on a single woofer. Thank you so much for the design, however! It looks great! If I decide to go with AB, I will totally use that, and contact you for more information! Thanks again!

Archived