BoostedF150 Posted March 12, 2016 Report Posted March 12, 2016 I have a 2012 f150 supercrew. Im having trouble trying to find out how i should build a dual 12" ported subwoofer box. I have 2- Sundown Sa 12 D4s. I have 1 sa 12 in a prefab ported box now. Just got my 2nd sa 12 yesterday. On the drdriver side the box can be. 32"-34" wide, 20"-22" deep and up to 19" high. That is the Biggest i can go. Smaller the better tho. Im not sure what it should be tuned to tho. Sa recommends 35hz. Im just learning about all of this. I would love for it to be LOUD with LOTS OF BASS and sound BEST as possible. I have Belva BB3000D in my truck for bass. Its Rated at 760@4ohms 1260@2ohms and 1800@1ohm. My Hu is a Kenwood Dnn992Hd. I have 2 Kicker comp 15s i just took out of the truck that was in a ported box. Just hoping the SAs are louder and sounder better. I always loved 12s. I also listen mostly rap music also lime to listen to hip hop and techno type of music. Well I HOPE i could get some help and/or Advice! Any input and suggestions will be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!
BoostedF150 Posted March 12, 2016 Author Report Posted March 12, 2016 Also im not sure if subs should face the rear of truck,front of truck or face to the roof of truck. Same with the port. With the Kickers i had in there in prefab BBox they seemed to sound the best facing the rear of truck. Thanks Everyone
Joe X Posted March 13, 2016 Report Posted March 13, 2016 Do you have a picture of your prefab setup as it was working?
BoostedF150 Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 As far is the 15" kicker prefab? Its just a standard BBox ported. The prefab 12 box i have is just for 1 12" subwoofer . Both boxes or the think 5/8" material and carpeted. I have 2 Sundown Sa 12D4s now
BoostedF150 Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 The way i had the box for the 15s was sitting on the floor facing the rear of truck and the back seat was flipped up.
BoostedF150 Posted March 13, 2016 Author Report Posted March 13, 2016 Also should each sa 12 i have be in separate chambers in the new box i need to build with a shared port or seperate ports? Or should both subs be in same chamber with 1 port? Thanks man
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.