Speaker placement, front 3 way component set.

RoadWarrior

I am still in the planning stages of this install on a 07 Chevy Silverado Ext cab. It seems I have a few options on the placement of the tweeters and midrange. The mid bass will go in the stock locations in the doors. The smaller sub PS-8's from Rockford Fosgate will go under the front seats. I might go with more subs under the rear seats later but I am not looking for a system with a ton of bass right now just some really great SQ.

One option would be dash pods with the tweeter and mid range really close together at the bottom of the pillars, the speakers facing the front seat, not firing off the windshield.

Option two would be fabbing up some a pillars and putting the mids and the tweeters close together towards the bottom of the pillar , closer to the dash. Not mid ways and again not firing off the windshield, speakers facing the front seat. My concern about putting them half way up the pillars is that they will interfere my vision out the windshield creating a small blind spot.

Option three would be putting the tweeter on the panel that covers the side view mirror bolts , at the very top of the door and putting the mid range some where above the mid bass in the door panel.

The local audio dealer suggested putting the mid range in the kick panels but I am not sure about that , why would I want the mid range firing at my feet ?

I am just wondering what kinds of results some of you may have had using these speaker locations. Thoughts , ideas, suggestions ????

thanks

thanks TN....................

OK one step further how about the angle ? I am thinking the speakers pointing toward the center of the front seat or have them pointing towards the opposite seat , drivers side facing passenger and pass side speaker pointing towards the driver ?

Archived