Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Enclosure needed


Jared_109

Recommended Posts

Posted

I'm going to be buying two 12 inch Sundown Audio SA's to go in the back of my 2004 GMC Sierra extended cab. Just guessing these subs will not perform well in a box that goes under the seat which is fine. I have subs in a box right now that sit on top of the seat and I'm guessing I'm going to have to do the same now. I'm just wondering if a new box will still fit in the seat, I would really like to not take it out. The way I have it now with my current set up, I'm not sure the dimensions, I can still seat one person in the back next to the box with no problems. Is the new box for these sundown subs going to take up the whole back seat or will I still have roughly the same amount of room? Any input on under the seat, on the seat, etc is fine. Please give me your opinions

Posted

For someone to be able to help you we need to know the max dimensions of your space and what amp you are using.

FYI, do NOT continue to just put a box on the back seat. If you get in an accident it can fly forward and kill you. This has happened to people, don't end up like they did. There are a couple things you can do. You can take your back seat out and then bolt the box to the floor, which is the best option. Or if your seat folds up you can build a box that sits on the floor between the folded up seat and the front seats.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

I honestly don't think I need to worry about the sub box coming up and hitting me if I ever did get in a wreck. My truck basically has a full bench seat (no center console that folds down, just center seat with back that doesn't fold down). So if a sub box can at all manage a way to get over "3" seats and 2 head rests I would be shocked. As for the dimensions, I'm not sure. I'm at work right now and can't measure anything out

Posted

I honestly don't think I need to worry about the sub box coming up and hitting me if I ever did get in a wreck

Ok well if your not gonna bolt it down for safety then bolt it down for theft prevention. If not a theif could smash your window and steal your setup in less than 20 seconds.... Seems like a no brainer to me buddy.

Posted

As far as the box goes, it can fly up and hit you. there is so much force in two cars impacting. im sure people thought they couldnt fly through a windshield until it happened either. Always best to be safe, plus you don't want your equipment jerking around.

As stated above though, we need to know how big of a box you would like along with the amount of space you have to work with. Otherwise, just go get a shitty prefab box and you'll be able to keep your bench in as well.

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

Also, How much power will the subs be on?

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 12355 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...