Jason Myjak Posted April 2, 2016 Report Posted April 2, 2016 I'm looking to go active in my Honda ridgeline, looking at silver flute mids, either seas or Tianle tweeters.. My question is what in line capacitor would be best for Tweeter's.. I'm new at tweeters with no crossover.. Any help be appreciated..
bluethunder Posted April 2, 2016 Report Posted April 2, 2016 If you go active there will be no need for caps inline with the tweeters. Your Processor/Headunit will have full control. I'd suggest reading up on passive vs active and what it takes to run both.
Jason Myjak Posted April 2, 2016 Author Report Posted April 2, 2016 Thanks blue thunder.. I have a pioneer avic 5100 with a good equalization on it. I heard passive crossovers take more power to run..
ShadeTreeMechanic Posted April 2, 2016 Report Posted April 2, 2016 Passive crossovers do soak up some power but it all depends on how much power you are going to run. Tweeters on a channel by themselves might not need a whole lot of power depending on what the rest of the system is. 91 C350 Centurion conversion ( Four Door One Ton Bronco) 250A Alternator (Second Alternator Coming Soon) G65 AGM Up Front / Two G31 AGM in Back Pioneer 80PRS CT Sounds AT125.2 / CT Sounds 6.5 Strato Pro component Front Stage CT Sounds AT125.2 / Lanzar Pro 8" coax w/compression horn tweeter Rear Fill FSD 5000D 1/2 ohm (SoundQubed 7k Coming Soon) Two HDS315 Four Qubes Each 34hz (Two HDC3.118 and New Box Coming Soon)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.