Second Skin Audio

Bandpass box for single 12

Bajan

I was working on a boat for a guy who had a fosgate marine 12" dirver that was making funny sounds, I wanted to replace the sub on a budget and did a little research, kept coming across the pioneer subs on top ten lists for great sounding subs for around 100 dollars I threw caution to the wind, loved it on a 500 watt fosgate amp. its my go to cheap sub now.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

when I was in high school back in the late 90's there were alot of people buying the pioneer impp coned 12" subs, they bought the IB version which was louder in a box than the non IB models. Ican almost bet that have done zero changes to the sub other than cosmetics. Its kinda funny but subs back then had good looking cones, The cones now are all silly looking and futuristic.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I am not sure if you have personally heard that sub trit, but it actually sounds good and has good output. For a cheap sub its one one of the best in the catergory

That's one of the funny things about cheap subs. They can often sound quite good, because they don't have much motor and that keeps the inductance low. But TA is right, 550 watts will blow that sub up pretty fast. I wouldn't put a lot of effort into a box for a $60 sub, and getting a lot of SPL out of it would be a challenge, because of limited xmax.

I threw a pair of similar twelves into a friends hatchback using a simple IB setup, and it sounded pretty darn good. Just didn't get particularly loud.

Archived