Second Skin Audio

Bandpass box for single 12

Bajan

look on pioneers website in the pdf section for the pioneer pro 12" there is a 4th order high output box in there.

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

How much power are you going to be running? That sub has pretty limited xmax, which is really going to restrict what you can do with a bandpass box. Ported is probably going to get you best performance.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Pioneer's recommended box specs are 1.5 cubes tuned to about 39 hz, I'd probably go with that. You could tune a bit lower if you want better low frequency performance. Depends on what kind of music you listen to.

I'll be totally honest with you, what you have is a cheap sub, its not worth putting a lot of effort into. It has low Xmax, high QTS (weak motor), and pretty low power handling. Even with the modest about of power you have it might be more than that sub can take.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

I am not sure if you have personally heard that sub trit, but it actually sounds good and has good output. For a cheap sub its one one of the best in the catergory

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

I am not sure if you have personally heard that sub trit, but it actually sounds good and has good output. For a cheap sub its one one of the best in the catergory

I haven't heard one personally, I'm just going by what the specs tell me. If you say it sounds good, I believe you. I still have concerns about its power handling capabilities though.

Builds:

Archived