Christopher Cleveland Posted April 7, 2016 Report Posted April 7, 2016 Hey fellas, so I just bought 2 pair of memphis street reference series 5x7s to replace the door speakers in my 00 exploder, my plan is to run them off my deck, pioneer deh80prs. I got them for $40/pair. Are they good speakers for the money? Is it worth replacing my stock speakers if I'm only going to be running them off the deck? I just bought them on a whim, hoping for crisper, cleaner mids and highs. Thanks in advance.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 7, 2016 Report Posted April 7, 2016 All speakers suck off deck power. I've ran the mclass coaxial's and they are seriously lacking mid bass and the tweeters are pretty harsh, since these are their top tier I can not imagine that the bottom tier is better. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Christopher Cleveland Posted April 7, 2016 Author Report Posted April 7, 2016 Haha well alrighty then, yeah iv never really put much into upgrading mids/highs. I'm just a bass junkie. And my sub stage isn't anything to brag about either at the moment. Thanks for the input though. Just trying to slowly upgrade here and there piece by piece. I'm trying to step my game up but it's tough with a 10 month old and paying child support and high risk auto insurance and all that shit life throws at ya. But it's a hobby I'm passionate about.
Broke_Audio_Addict Posted April 7, 2016 Report Posted April 7, 2016 Just get a small 4 channel and amp them if you're going to use them, it'll be better than stock for sure. That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.
Christopher Cleveland Posted April 7, 2016 Author Report Posted April 7, 2016 Good deal, I figured most any aftermarket speaker is better than stock paper dual cones so I snatched em up. Iv been snooping around a bunch of car audio shops looking for shit they have laying around and willing to get rid of cheap. After poking around the web for a moment I see I didn't quite get the "steal" iv been snooping around for. But nonetheless I got a decent deal on em.
steventahiti Posted May 7, 2016 Report Posted May 7, 2016 I'm selling a lot of those speakers in my store, and customers are very happy with those.. clear mids and high, but the addition of a little amplifier will greatly improve the system.. they will for sure better than your paper spekers
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.