Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

SoundQubed HDS312 vs HDC310


aBav20

Recommended Posts

Posted

I know the HDC310 will be louder than the HDS312, but by how much? Will the HDC310 totally blow away the HDS312? I'm debating on whether I want to jump up to the HDC3 series from the HDS3 series. Is it worth the extra money for the sub and a new amp I'll have to get to power the HDC3? I prefer single sub setups ( I honestly don't know why). I'm not looking for life changing bass, but I want it to be as loud as possible for a single sub WITHOUT vibrating my car to pieces. Opinions anyone?

Posted

Why not get an HDC3 12? Is there a reason for getting a more powerful sub but in a smaller size?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Posted

Need more details.. type of car? type of enclosure you plan on having? how much power to the subs?

All these will play a factor in how loud either sub gets. HDS312 will get plenty loud. the difference in the sub all depends on what you're going for. I've heard a single hds215 bang loud. If you want to play deeper bass than the hds sub then youll want to go with the hdc. but why 10"? is that your budget? the 10 will bang for sure, but imo go with the 12". as far as flex goes, thats inevitable. Sound deadening will be useful on either setup.

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

I just figured a 10 inch will be plenty if I go with the HDC3 line. I will spend the money to put out at least the RMS rating of any sub I get. I am also highly considering getting one of the Atrend/SoundQubed enclosures for either sub. I have a 2006 Buick LaCrosse that has factory sound dampening that, to my surprise, has worked great so far.

Posted

If an ATREND enclosure is all that fits your budget, by all means, go for it. You can spend money, less at that, building your own box. You'll have trial and error but never have to pay another person/company to build an enclosure for you again. a 10 will do plenty. I was only asking why you chose that size. It will bang with the right enclosure and imo I wouldn't place that sub in a prefab box.

But What Do I Know?

2003 Chevy Monte Carlo SS 3.8

  • JVC KD-R975BTS
  • Clarion EQS746
  • Kenwood P907PS
  • Ascendant Audio 12" Havoc v.1
  • Ampere Audio 2000.1
  • MB Quart Onyx 800.4
  • XS Power D3400 - Hood
  • XS Power D975 - Trunk
  • Singer 240A
  • Sky High OFC 0 & 4 gauge
  • Kno Knoise Kolossus Deadener
Posted

why not match it up with a soundqubed 1200? affordable and nice quality

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Posted

On the same or very similar power the HDS312 is going to get louder than the HDC310. Eventually if you put enough power to the HDC310 it will catch up to the HDS312, but it's going to take quite a bit of power to do it.

Run as much cone area as you properly have space for. If you can fit the 12" that's what you should do.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8296 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...