Sundown Audio

Infinity K5 amp and using an 80's 8 track radio.

ARonMindGone

Here's what I am looking at using to make this work, hopefully...

Infinity K5 amp:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_112301_Infinity-K5-Amplifier-with-Clari-fi-Technology.html

Speaker to RCA's:

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_67780_Rockford-Fosgate-Speaker-to-RCA-Adapter-RFIF2SW.html

I am trying to update the sound in my Caprice but want to keep a stock look and the use of my 8 track. I have seen the Infinity K5 on the Sonic Electronix website and I believe it will meet my exact needs but wonder if there might be something I am overlooking. A friend told me about the info he learned on this site after I tried talking to a "audiotech" in the local audio store talk himself in circles as if it would work or not for my needs. My goal is to add new speakers in the stock speaker locations which are 4x6's on the dash and 6x9's in the rear tray and an additional sub. Nothing too crazy with this setup, but Im after some good sound that these 35 year old speakers just don't produce anymore as my overall objective.

I will be primarily using the Bluetooth pairing with the amp to play music from my phone, but I do like jamming to my 8 tracks from time to time. My main question/concern is if I convert the speaker wires from the radio to RCA adapters using what I linked above and run those to the amp to play my 8 tracks will there be any problems switching between playing my 8 track and using the bluetooth through the amp.

I see that it comes with a mounting plate for pairing the bluetooth and taking calls. Is this all I will need to make it work switching between the two or is there something I might be overlooking? Any additional questions for clarification or input/feedback is greatly appreciated.

You don't need those speaker to rca connectors since the amp has high level inputs and comes with the adapters to hook speaker wires into the rcas.

I also believe that the amp has internal source switching controlled by the remote it comes with so you'd have no issues switching between bluetooth and your 8 track.

You could call infinity customer service and see if they can answer that question too to verify that it will work properly.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Archived