chad190 Posted June 12, 2016 Author Report Posted June 12, 2016 Nice build so far. Waiting for the fix. It'll sound real good sealed up. Thanks. I am just waiting for the recones and baskets to come in, pretty busy time of year with slamology this weekend. I got a false floor put in made out of mdf and started sealing off the front of the box too. I didn't take too many pics, it's been right around 100 degrees here all week so I guess I slacked off on taking pictures. 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
chad190 Posted June 12, 2016 Author Report Posted June 12, 2016 Not a lot of updates, but a couple. I put a false floor in the trunk made out of 1/4" mdf, I didn't snap any pictures of it before I put the box in. picked this up to do the false floor, did an awesome job! worth every penny. this is with the new floor and box in my 4 channel was screwed into the rear deck which wouldn't have worked there anymore since I was sealing off so I moved it onto the back of the seat and ran the wires under the carpet. Came out pretty clean you can see it a little in these pictures next was the side panels and top panel around the box. I used dowel joints to connect the pieces of wood together then glued it with gorilla wood glue. also used some small 3/4" L-brackets to keep it in place as it dried. solid as can be. cleaned it up pretty well. I'll be going around the seams with silicone and tape to make sure they're extra sealed. Plus if I get time tomorrow I will be foaming around the edges to seal up from the back. I will be putting carpet down so it won't be the bare wood for long. not sure if I should leave the shag just on the seats and do plain black carpet on the floor and sides in front of the box for a contrast or put the shag back how I had it before. I sent my SQ3500.1 in to soundqubed to have everything checked out while it was all apart and there was nothing wrong with it. Passed stress test and vibrations test. I had them put all new pots in it while it was there. Great customer service and fast! I was planning on going to the Loud and Clear car audio show in Kansas City, KS on June 5th before all this happened, but it looks like they have another one in August. Anyone on here planning on going to that show? That's all I have for now. I will have more updates when the recones and baskets come in the mail. Pretty busy time of year so not sure when they'll get here but I'm sure it's worth the wait. thanks for staying tuned, will post updates when I can! 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
chad190 Posted June 14, 2016 Author Report Posted June 14, 2016 Got the trunk sealed off completely today. Foamed every crack/gap with great stuff then put gorilla tape over it to clean up the look and ensure it's sealed. Still waiting on SSA for the recones. Order status is at "Awaiting Shipment" it will look a lot better with the subs back in, next is to find somewhere to mount the amp on the other side of the box. Will do that within the next few days when the amp comes in the mail. Ordered a pair of Soundqubed super tweeters, should be here on the 15th 100 foot of 12 gauge sky high wire 15 foot 8 gauge wire for the subs 20 8 gauge lugs PAC LC-1 Sky High RCA's for the LC-1 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
chad190 Posted July 11, 2016 Author Report Posted July 11, 2016 Finally back in and playing!! man sealing off did a lot. Video doesnt do much justice as to how much air these things are moving. pretty impressed. 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
notorious97200 Posted July 12, 2016 Report Posted July 12, 2016 I hope those Zcons will last. They should last forever on a 3500 w amplifier. Enjoy your system! black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp OEM head unit, Amplifiers : Audison AP 8.9 with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200. Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats. 2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a sealed box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.
chad190 Posted July 12, 2016 Author Report Posted July 12, 2016 I hope those Zcons will last. They should last forever on a 3500 w amplifier. Enjoy your system! Thanks a lot! Honestly very happy with them now. And they sound great on the 3500. Should stay that way unless I find a ridiculously good deal on a 5k lol 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
chad190 Posted October 9, 2016 Author Report Posted October 9, 2016 It's been a long time but finally have number updates. The zcons got a 146.4 @28hz yesterday, peaking at 31hz Edit:this score was on music 2006 Monte Carlo Pioneer DEH-80PRS 2 SSA ZCON 12's 5 Cube Box tuned to 32 Hz Soundqubed 3500.1 PAC LC-1 Singer 320 Amp Alt XS D3100 & Kinetik HC2400 in trunk Super Start AGM Under Hood 80ft+ Sky High 1/0 40 ft^3 120mil sky high deadener Soundqubed Pro Audio 6.5" mids Soundqubed Super Tweeters Alpine 1" Tweeters Alpine MRP-F300
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.