Sonic Electronix

Need Feedback If This Is Everything Needed

Im about to buy everything i need for my system and i need to know if im missing anything or if im going to be short on power or wires. Please let me know if this is all good.

2 SoundQubed Hds3 15s in a custom box tuned to 28hz

Fsd 3800D (Going to be running at 1 ohm)

SoundStream Picasso Nano 4.520d

XS Power D3400

2 Channel + 4 Channel Rcas

Stinger Volt Meter

2 Kicker 6x9 and 2 6x8

Sky High 1/0 OFC 40ft ( Plan on doing big 3 and the subwoofer amp with this)

Sky High 4ga CCA 10ft (Used for 4 channel amp)

Sky High 8ga OFC Speaker Wire 25ft (Subwoofer)

Sky High 14ga OFC Speaker Wire 50ft (4 channel)

25 Ft Remote Wire

3 Fuse Holders With 300 Amp Fuses

Copper Lugs

Nvx Audio Distribution Block (I need this for 2 amps right?)

This is all going in a 96 Grand Marquis

You will need a battery in the back, so you won't need distributuion block.

Why do you have 3 300 amp fuses ? I think you will need one near the front battery.

Your amps won't need so much fuses !

Some wood rings for the speakers would be nice. Maybe you can make them yourself.

I don't know if those SQ subs will like such a low tuning. I know the HDC like 36 Hz !

With 2 15" subs you won't be able to hear the rear speakers : do you need them ?

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Im getting the D3400 for the back battery so i dont need the block? i also plan on upgrading my top battery later down the road. And dont i need 1 fuse for the big 3,1 for the fsd 3800 and 1 for the 4.540d? I got these for a pretty good price i definitely plan on upgrading to sundown or fi. And i already got all the speakers i thought i would need all 4 cause i want to hear the music still to.

You need fuses, but those are too big for the amps or the wire you'll use. You don't want a 300 amp fuse a a regular 4 ch amplifier, maybe 150 amp ?

You can use fuses for the big 3, it's safer, they say !

You run the power wire from the back battery to each amplifier, so you don't need distribution block.

Don't start thinking of upgrading before installing your gear ! You'll love what you have.

One set of speakers in the front doors can be enough, but it's your car and your system : do what you want ! Have fun.

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Usually you see 80 amp for a 4x100 w rms amplifier. Take a look at the amps, and see what they need.

If the fuse is too big, it won't break (fast enough) to protect the amplifier in cas of problems. You've got to use the right size.

Don't tune your box so low : 28 ? Naaah

Ask for more advice on a box choice.

Archived