Matt head Posted April 30, 2016 Report Posted April 30, 2016 I am having trouble finding a good plan to build an enclosure for 2 12s. Anyone have a good design I could use?
x infektid x Posted April 30, 2016 Report Posted April 30, 2016 ya have to tell us what sub and model you are using first ..amp model ,and power that you are running in rms and probably what car model and year so we can get an idea if my ears dont buzz. you need more ..
Matt head Posted April 30, 2016 Author Report Posted April 30, 2016 I have 2 hifonics 12 right now 400 watt rms 800 Watts peak each. Running a Sony xp lod 1000watt amp. I am just needing a rectangular box. The subs say the need 1.6-2.0 cubic feet each. I am a noob at this stuff sorry. If I upgrade subs later cause these are cheap will the box still be alright or would I need to rebuild for the new subs specs?
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 If you plan on upgrading, and I bet you will, you should design the box to work with upgraded subs. Do you have any idea of what you would be likely to upgrade to? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Matt head Posted May 1, 2016 Author Report Posted May 1, 2016 I was looking at kicker comp R and alpine type R. I think the Alpine will be better but It will be awhile before I can get them.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 I prefer Alpine to Kicker, but either should work fine. Alpine's like smaller boxes, so if you build something like 3.5 cu ft net, tuned to 32 hz with a healthy amount of port area it should work well with what you have now, and should work for what you upgrade to in the future. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Matt head Posted May 1, 2016 Author Report Posted May 1, 2016 Awesome! I would rather ha e the alpines. You know a good design for those? Or where to find one at least? I have been scanning the Web and as usual people want me to pay 40+ dollars for a photo of dimensions lol. I just thought someone would have a print laying around they would hand over.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 1, 2016 Report Posted May 1, 2016 Post the max dimensions of a box that will fit right in your vehicle and I'm sure someone will come up with something for you. Let us know what kind of car it is too. Joe X is usually pretty quick with designs or I could make you one too. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.