Sonic Electronix

Speakers buzz for about 3 seconds when I open door

It's either your head unit or the PAC adapter. Look at the pac adapter, there should be a rotary switch with numbers on it, make sure the arrow is pointing to the number 2. If it's not, turn all power off, disconnect the HU from the PAC adapter, then adjust the rotary switch to 2.

If that's good, then you can take it to a shop, unless you have a second HU on hand to plug into the adapter.

yeah i made sure the switch hadnt move over, it was still on 2.

I guess ill take it to a shop this weekend to see if they can find a fix. im fine dealing with subs and amps, but i can never understand headunit problems and really dont want to make things worse than they are.

thanks for the help

It's either your head unit or the PAC adapter. Look at the pac adapter, there should be a rotary switch with numbers on it, make sure the arrow is pointing to the number 2. If it's not, turn all power off, disconnect the HU from the PAC adapter, then adjust the rotary switch to 2.

If that's good, then you can take it to a shop, unless you have a second HU on hand to plug into the adapter.

I guess ill take it to a shop this weekend to see if they can find a fix. im fine dealing with subs and amps, but i can never understand headunit problems and really dont want to make things worse than they are.

thanks for the help

No problem. I'm sorry that we can not further narrow down the problem without involving a shop. I do believe it's the PAC though, since you get door chimes with the JVC off, but when it's on, you don't get the door chimes but that god awful noise instead.

thanks for the help

No problem. I'm sorry that we can not further narrow down the problem without involving a shop. I do believe it's the PAC though, since you get door chimes with the JVC off, but when it's on, you don't get the door chimes but that god awful noise instead.

i'll try to reply back once i get it looked at this weekend

Archived