***update 5-16-08*** 225 Amp Alt Installed.

well, for a couple hours work and my first time changing an alternator, i think i did alright.

so i started by getting my old one off, which was more then a bitch being as the engine was still hot.

so i grabbed my wrenches to determine the size. once i got the size i broke out my socket and rachet, and got that bitch outta there. i had a hellacious time getting the new one in there cause of the serpentine belt not wanting to go back the way it should :P

after some forcing and adjusting of screws, i got the bitch in there. !!!!! well, my voltage now sits above the little half way marker on my volt meter on my dash but not to much of a noticable difference but then again i havent gotten the kinetik 2400 in there yet either. that should come in the next few days.

anyone wanna see pictures??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

i wanna see pictures, but thats weird, mine sits at 3/4 the way (my volt meter) stock bat stock alt, did they change alts from 04 to 06? also u have the 4.6, i have the 5.4, must be a different alt or something cause my gauge says im at 3/4 most the time

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

i wanna see pictures, but thats weird, mine sits at 3/4 the way (my volt meter) stock bat stock alt, did they change alts from 04 to 06? also u have the 4.6, i have the 5.4, must be a different alt or something cause my gauge says im at 3/4 most the time

could have been the truck was cold or something???

she sat there for about 3 and a half hours before i crunk her back up?? and i found out tonight there is a recall by ford on my truck cause of some brake lines or hose shit :( so i gotta take that bitch to the dealerships.

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

idk if cold has something to do with it, but mine (first start up in the morning) that gauge shoots right up to 3/4

and i kno what u mean on ford bs, i got the x back 2 days ago, and my check engine light is on, they have tommorro ONLY to fix it cause i need it for the show saturday

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

and i think i meant it didnt go up as high as i wanted because it wasnt cold.

:D

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

yea, i had to remove my intake/air filter, and my coolant hose to get things out of my way to work. after that it wasnt to bad.

the hulk is a diesel though also right?

2006 F-150

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer