Update on HT sub build

I'm just writing an update on the sub I built for my HT setup. I have a 10 or 11 page thread somewhere on here if you want to read the specifics of it all. Just as a recap, I am using a behringer NU3000 amp and a B2 audio ISv3 12" subwoofer. Ported box tuned to ~26Hz. It sounds great and is VERY loud. This sub can take anything I throw at it with the NU3000 and still remains cool. It hits the lows very well and puts power behind them. My only concern is the flatness of it. I wish I had an equalizer for the setup. It seems to peek at around 53, 43 and 33 (I'm getting these numbers from listening only, no graphs or actual measurements). A bit peaky but it doesn't bother me too much. It's loud enough for pretty much my entire building to hear (i'm on the 6th floor and my girlfriend on the 12th floor could hear it and my coworker on 2nd floor could hear it). Can knock stuff off the shelves of people 6 or 7 doors down from me. Overall i'm satisfied with the sub and amp combo. Thank you to all of those who helped me with some of the design aspects of it and for the tips. It wouldn't have turned out the way it did without y'alls help. I hope to build a new box with a new sub (same brand) later on this year once I save enough money to buy what I need.

That's awesome man, glad to hear it turned out so well. If you want to get a DSP to EQ the peaks down you can get a MiniDSP for a little over $100. I've got a couple of them and I think they are great. Very powerful.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That's awesome man, glad to hear it turned out so well. If you want to get a DSP to EQ the peaks down you can get a MiniDSP for a little over $100. I've got a couple of them and I think they are great. Very powerful.

I really would like to get some and i've looked at some but I would rather use the money to build another setup first. I think I want to mess with horns next. Actually, I need to buy sufficient tools for box building first....

Archived