Help With Solo X

can someone tell me whats a t line and what size box and size port you think i need and do i have enough power also there is 4 optima red tops and also 2 L512"s in sealed boxes heres a link to the thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15614

??? do u disagree? or just personally think im :wacko:

lol, neither.

Transmissions lines sound great and get pretty loud but in my opinion cannot compete with a traditional ported enclosure for SPL.

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

can someone tell me whats a t line and what size box and size port you think i need and do i have enough power also there is 4 optima red tops and also 2 L512"s in sealed boxes heres a link to the thread

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=15614

A transmission line is a sort of "box."

Except there is no cabinet only one long port equivalent to the area of the woofer.

The length of the port determines tuning.

Great SQ and get pretty loud as well.

Check the subwoofer section for more info.

lol, neither.

Transmissions lines sound great and get pretty loud but in my opinion cannot compete with a traditional ported enclosure for SPL.

u r right about that. sorry i got a little offended at first! iwas just giving him another option to try to meet some of his needs after u explained he probably wouldnt achieve both of his goals. no doubt a well designed ported tuned high would out spl a tline but if he wanted to keep some bottom end and still meter quite high i do love me a tline!

ah right so so what do ye think i should do to get over the 152db without gettin more amps or anything

Get rid of the 12's and rebuild the box. Sub on one side and port on the other. Tune it around 50 and then build a removeable plate that holds a much smaller port tuned to 35.

what frequency does your car peak at?

Michael Hughes = 6X SPL World Champion - Loudest on the planet in db Drag, USACi, and IASCA.

Get rid of the 12's and rebuild the box. Sub on one side and port on the other. Tune it around 50 and then build a removeable plate that holds a much smaller port tuned to 35.

what frequency does your car peak at?

was highest at 52hz but next sound off isn't far off and don't have time to fully rebuild but will soon so what should i do to get more nunbers for the next one with the box have

was highest at 52hz but next sound off isn't far off and don't have time to fully rebuild but will soon so what should i do to get more nunbers for the next one with the box have

Figure out a way to get alot more port area to tune it higher. Atleast cut down the length of port you have now.

Figure out a way to get alot more port area to tune it higher. Atleast cut down the length of port you have now.

one fella said make it 160 sq inch as its 83 at the mo and i'll use stainless steel sheeting to radus the corners see what happenes thanks forr all the help lads

Archived