OMG. Fatmat is crap. I remember when I took my door apart to replace speakers, chunks of fatmats were hanging!

1194.jpg

Even the fatmat under my trunk lid fell apart...

1195.jpg

Those pics were BEFORE it fell apart.

I had to take all that fatmat off my trunk lid and replace it with eDead vse2. I'm too scared to check my trunk lid to see if the eDead is even intact.

All I remember was the eDead I had under my rear deck was falling apart :(

In conclusion, all "deadening" suck and don't work. Don't even try and convince me that there's a working "deadening" out there. No such thing.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

no rattling=more bass/louder? my trunk and back plate rattle, if i use fatmat, will it make my bass louder outside the car or inside? sorry i never heard a deadened car.

You will lose less bass because it is keeping the sound inside the car as opposed to vibrating the things on the outside of it. So since you are losing less of the sound, it is louder.

By the way, if you add great stuff foam inside your trunk lid, it would stop the rattle dramatically and make the inside of your car sound way louder

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

OMG. Fatmat is crap. I remember when I took my door apart to replace speakers, chunks of fatmats were hanging!

I had to take all that fatmat off my trunk lid and replace it with eDead vse2. I'm too scared to check my trunk lid to see if the eDead is even intact.

In conclusion, all "deadening" suck and don't work. Don't even try and convince me that there's a working "deadening" out there. No such thing.

its because you didnt prep it, your going to say you did but something is telling me you didn't use acetone or anything you probably just swiped a rag across it one or twice then stuck the fat mat on, i didnt/dont have any/ever used it, but from the people that have had it for years and never had any problems with it can only mean one thing......it was put on right.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

1194.jpg

1195.jpg

did you prep the surface BEFORE adding the deadening?

TNCB

....my damn room was shaking, im like wtf is this how am i gonna die jakin off to vida guerra?

did you prep the surface BEFORE adding the deadening?

reading>YOU lol read my post

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

ive been using fatmat for about a year now with no problems with it yet i bought the 100 square feet kit. i did not use any chemicals when i cleaned the metal just water and shop towels i also installed it at night with 70 degree weather.the only gain i seen was sealed up on the termlab i gained .2db and with window down i lost .1db i noticed a huge change in the way my bass sounds and feels .i think if your on a budget and just want better sound its worth it but if your looking for better gains on the meter you might want to save for the good stuff.

sealed up on the termlab mic on dash 4-sa12"s 2-3500d's 153.4db now testing a american bass 1100.1 no numbers yet 300amp iraggi alt and kinetik batts.

• 2 months later...

What can you expect from buying the thinnest version they sell? They also have Rattletrap which is much more sticky and almost twice as thick. Its good stuff if you install it correctly and layer it.

2000 Blazer 4dr

-24" Boss 330s

-Lowered 2/3

-5000k Hids w Projector Retro

-Candy tails

-LED interior lighting

-20% tint 35% windshield

-Alpine 9886 HU

-RF P1462 Dash

-RF P1652 Front

-RF P1652 Rear

-Two 18" Fi BTLs

-MB Quart Onyx 4.80

-Two Audioque AQ2200Ds

-Xs Powerr D5100, 2 Powersafe G31s

-Knukoncepts 1/0 wire

-Mechman 270 Alt w Boost Module

-10.4 Net @ 28hz 140sq.inch of port

My Youtube Channel!!

I have noticed they have like 2 versions of the stuff, has anyone tried all three or what? I am thinking about throwing a few hundred dollars into the stuff and wanna know wether tons of layers of the cheap stuff would be better than a few layers of the good stuff.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Archived