Second Skin Audio

Need a box for SPL comp.

MPAGE7399

Wow that's pretty bad ass man, this is the first time one of my designs has been used in a serious comp. Thanks for letting me know man. Get me those dimensions and i'll start on a design right away, I've learned a lot more about enclosure design since then so i'll get you hooked up with something loud. Being as you're gonna be using this mostly for competitions i'll change the design accordingly.

Sorry i was thought i replied earlier but apparently i forgot to hit submit lol. Let me work on it a bit here and see what i can come up with. Also if you could give me the dimensions of the opening into the cabin and post a pick of the trunk that would help a lot too. Then i can see if i could throw in a little extra volume somewhere and know where to place the subs and port on the baffle.

97%20Jetta%20SPL%20Trunk%202_zpssjw9vlto

Screenshot%2094_zpsbd6xgp1r.png

Screenshot%2097_zpsoijlj7bg.png

Screenshot%2096_zpshanhrvwo.png

Screenshot%2098_zpswewtef5z.png

Screenshot%2099_zpsaiodhra5.png

Screenshot%20100_zpshiwvstup.png

Ok so here's what i have so far. This enclosure will retain the 5ft^3 you currently have but raise the tuning to just under 44hz. I took some educated guesses at where your wheel wells end so the box can be a bit wider toward the rear of the trunk. Now the issue of the ports. The only way to get even close to the needed port size was to use 3 6" areos. I tried to use 2 8"s but fitting them in such a small baffle wasn't going to happen. You are going to have to shave the flares down to get them to fit that close together (sketchup won't allow me to do this without them looking terrible) but it will work well once that's done. I tried to show as many measurements as i could but some of them are a little hard to see so if you have any questions just let me know. Also this enclosure will have to be built in the trunk as i highly doubt it will fit in the opening. Take these measurements and let me know if i need to change anything, i hope this works for you!

I like this idea just not so sure its gonna work. The width dimension I gave you goes straight back due to contour of floor. I will get some pics uploaded as soon as I can figure out how to reduce file size. Also the fact that I have to have ports out so far will effect spacing they cant protrude past the rear seat "PLANE".

Archived