2015 Pioneer avh-4800bs speaker level

I will be checking my 4100nex with a DD1 soon so I will post results when I have them.

i called pioneer tech support today to ask about the sub level and where it should be set to when setting amp gains and if 0db is full 4v output.

the guy told me to leave it at 0 and set gains from there, that way if you need to boost the bass in a track that is weak or recorded poorly , then you can do so. If you set gain with sub level at 10db and you need to boost a poor quality track, you wont be able to do so.

makes sense.

but i was also told by others that whenever possible the amp gain should be set as low as possible. To obtain this , the sub level on the deck would have to be maxed out / 10db

i did fool around with the sub level at 0 , and no matter what i did,. i could not get the hard impact i would when the sub level was at 5 or higher.

I've got the same deck. So many adjustments on this damn thing. No need for a dsp. I keep all the minds and highs at 0 and my sub at 5. That is with a flat eq, my high pass and mid crossovers on the deck set to -24 at 100 hz and sub at -24 and 80 hz.

The loudness is off. I will check my rca voltage tomorrow to tell you for sure but on my 4 channel the amp gains can't go up past about 10 or it screens. My sub amp is about the same.

I can't get my volume past 32 but it's got more to do with the box and other vibrations I haven't dampened yet that stop me from going louder.

What is the sla? Are you talking about the time alignment? If so I use it and it works well for my minds and highs. Really sets the stage. One of the better things about this deck.

SLA is the sound level adjustment

It goes from -4 to +4. 0 is the default

Most people say to leave it at 0 b I find when it's boosted to +2 it creates more spl. I guess use it to your preference.

I have yet to use and fool around with time alignment.

And yes this deck has so many features which is a great thing.

You should be able to max out your volume or at least get it 38-39 cleanly. This deck doesn't clip to full vol or almost full vol

I agree that +5db sounds great. Very clean. +6 to +10 has more fullness but also gets more unclean.

I really don't think the gain should be set at 0 because no matter where I tried adjusting the gain (no dmm or dd1) it just didn't sound right. But when I went into the +3 +4 +5 +6 then I started sounding proper.

anyone else have any of the new model pioneer decks? where did you set the sub level to? from my research i find there is a lot of confusion regarding this.. some people say to leave it at 0 and set gains from there and some say to max it out...

Yeah, I just installed an AVH-4800BS. I really like it. A little slow on my 80GB iPod, so I'm scaling down to my favorites and I'll see how it does at around 32GB.

Still playing with my outputs, but so far, everything's pretty flat and the sub is at 0db. I give the eq a bump around 80hz for some thump in the kick drum and a little "air" around 4khz. But I'm just starting to play with it and I know it can do much more than what I have it set to right now.

I don't use any of the dsp stuff. IMHO it colors the sound and makes it sound unnatural. I use the eq sparingly and usually just to correct some of the problems in my car.

Something I can't figure out is why none of my USB thumb drives are getting recognized. I've tried different size thumb drives but no luck. My iPod works fine though. Anyone else have this issue?

anyone else have any of the new model pioneer decks? where did you set the sub level to? from my research i find there is a lot of confusion regarding this.. some people say to leave it at 0 and set gains from there and some say to max it out...

Yeah, I just installed an AVH-4800BS. I really like it. A little slow on my 80GB iPod, so I'm scaling down to my favorites and I'll see how it does at around 32GB.

Something I can't figure out is why none of my USB thumb drives are getting recognized. I've tried different size thumb drives but no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

ya its a little slow on the ipods, the USB drives are hit or miss

most should work though, ive even had 2 -4 dollar cheap chinese ebay usb sticks work like a charm

try formatting them and trying again.

the sandisk cruzer blade red and black ones work great i like those ones

i found a problem with this deck and altered pioneer about it last week..

annoying as hell

but its in the speaker level option.. if you go to the < or > adjustments and keep tapping it and if your finger moves off the arrow or if u tap too fast, .it will, for some weird ass reason, suddenly go into the DIVx/dvd settings.. WTF??

so annoying when u are trying to adjust your sub level to a song and that shit happens..

i told pioneer about this and they confirmed and thanked me .. hopefully they will release a new firmware to fix this issue.

Something I can't figure out is why none of my USB thumb drives are getting recognized. I've tried different size thumb drives but no luck. Anyone else have this issue?

ya its a little slow on the ipods, the USB drives are hit or miss

most should work though, ive even had 2 -4 dollar cheap chinese ebay usb sticks work like a charm

try formatting them and trying again.

the sandisk cruzer blade red and black ones work great i like those ones

i found a problem with this deck and altered pioneer about it last week..

annoying as hell

but its in the speaker level option.. if you go to the < or > adjustments and keep tapping it and if your finger moves off the arrow or if u tap too fast, .it will, for some weird ass reason, suddenly go into the DIVx/dvd settings.. WTF??

so annoying when u are trying to adjust your sub level to a song and that shit happens..

i told pioneer about this and they confirmed and thanked me .. hopefully they will release a new firmware to fix this issue.

That JUST happened to me today as I was messing around with sub levels. Too funny.

I'll keep trying the thumb drives. If all else fails, I've got an extra droid I can just keep on the charger in the car and connect via bluetooth.

Is it just me, or is the AppRadioOne a little tricky? When I bring up NaviiUSA it's really bad resolution on the screen.

Love all the options, but man, I have to spend hours in the car learning all this stuff so I'm not messing with it on the road. Thankfully it sounded really good out of the box.

Results from my 4100nex with a DD1. All speaker levels at 0db, flat eq, no distortion detected till 39 volume. With sub level set at +5 db it distorts at 36 volume. At full 10 it distorts around 30-32 (forget now lol).

Basically what this tells me is whatever volume you normally use as max out of the 40, you can push the speaker levels up roughly the difference between your max and deck max, give or take 1 or 2.

"Basically what this tells me is whatever volume you normally use as max out of the 40, you can push the speaker levels up roughly the difference between your max and deck max, give or take 1 or 2"

Can u explain that again differently. Sorry :S

Also thank u for this

What did u personally set the sub level at now that u found this out?

I'm thinking 0 along with all other speaker levels

I haven't set anything for sure yet, I just went ahead and tested the signals before I ran my rca thru the car.

Let's say you normally only turn your deck up to 30 out of 40. At that level you can prolly rest assured that all your speaker levels can be turned to maximum db settings without distortion. At 35 out of 40 you can likely turn them up 1/2 their +db range without distortion. At 39 or 40 on the deck you should be at 0 to -1 or -2 on your speakers to ensure no distortion.

Archived