2015 Pioneer avh-4800bs speaker level

Hey there

I recently upgraded from a pioneer avh4600bt to a avh 4800bs

the 4600bt did not have a speaker level for each speaker. It only had a sub level which went from -24 to +6

i never figured out if the +6 was a boost or just indicated full voltage

on the NEW headunits there is a speaker level for ALL speakers which range fro -24DB to +10DB

note: they have added the DB letters now.

So my question is this: when setting the gains on amps, should the speaker levels , most importantly , the sub level all be maxed out on +10db or should everything be left flat????

thank you

I have the same deck and when i set my gains i did my speaker level at +5 and my sub level at +10. My max volume is 26 before noticeable distortion, it worked out pretty good.

cool

i also used sub level at 10db but was a lil iffy on that because when the mids/highs are on more than +6 or +7 they start sounding distorted

i did lower sub level to +5 and it sounded cleaner but less impact

ummm i dont mean to sound like a prick but do you mean maxx vol is 36 and not 26? if its really 26 your gains are too high.

i can go to 36-38 and still sound clean and loudest at that point.

are you using loudness or boost or sla?

Honestly my gains are probably a little high. I don't have a very good ear when it comes to distortion and trying to hear anything over 2 18s is really hard for me, the joys of occupational hearing loss lol. I just started a new build so when i get everything back in I'm gonna get a DD-1 and fix that problem.

Honestly my gains are probably a little high. I don't have a very good ear when it comes to distortion and trying to hear anything over 2 18s is really hard for me, the joys of occupational hearing loss lol. I just started a new build so when i get everything back in I'm gonna get a DD-1 and fix that problem.

are u using sla or loudness or bass boost? i use to use sla or loudness but now i keep it all off and it sounds much cleaner AND i can almost max out the deck and it remains clean.

ya for sure your gain is too high. You should be able to get it to at least 37 without it sounding distorted. Its easy to know that point, just keep increasing volume until bass sounds like its not getting louder or harder anymore.

its either that OR you have sla on or loudness or bass boost on..

No i make sure all that junk is turned off. I've been setting my stuff like that for years tho. I've always been told that your max volume set point should always be around 2/3 to 3/4 of the decks actual max volume. I kinda use that as a rule of thumb.

No i make sure all that junk is turned off. I've been setting my stuff like that for years tho. I've always been told that your max volume set point should always be around 2/3 to 3/4 of the decks actual max volume. I kinda use that as a rule of thumb.

yes you are right about that, thats what he have all been told and thats the way i use to do things too BUT... these pioneer decks dont even clip till almost max volume, SO that means if you are setting your mono gain to max out at 2/3 or less than 2/3 of the decks volume. there is so much of the decks power u r missing out on. ALSO i heard that the pioneer decks dont see full 4v voltage until almost max volume.

so what i did/do not is set my mono gains at vol 35 instead of 30 or 27 etc.. that way i can safely go all the way to almost max volume and get the most out of my deck.

Well i'll have to give it a try, i didn't know that about pioneer decks. I ran nothing but alpine up until this last build lol

oh word.. ya try it out, essentially all u gotta do is just turn your gain down a bit.. like if its at 11 oclock turn it down to around 930 and then u will be able to turn it up to at least 35ish and see how that sounds.. it should be cleaner and harder and better signal and voltage.

anyone else have any of the new model pioneer decks? where did you set the sub level to? from my research i find there is a lot of confusion regarding this.. some people say to leave it at 0 and set gains from there and some say to max it out...

Archived