2015 Pioneer avh-4800bs speaker level

On another note, I found the sub channel was hotter on the dd1 by just a tiny bit than the fronts. Like 1 volume difference. The rca voltage seems strong tho not tested. My reference is a Sony 2v preout deck I tested. On the Sony I had to turn up to nearly 3/4 volume before the dd1 even detected the signal. On the pioneer 4v it detected it thru nearly the entire volume range.

Nice! Good to know the pioneers have strong solid voltage. I read many people say the pioneers don't hit max 4v preout unless the vol I almost maxed out and sub level as well almo maxed out. I guess this is untrue as u can have it at +10db on the sub level and get max voltage at vol 30-32. I hope I got that right.

I'm going to redo my gains with everything at 0 so I can feel comfortable going to 40 on my deck

On another note, I found the sub channel was hotter on the dd1 by just a tiny bit than the fronts. Like 1 volume difference. The rca voltage seems strong tho not tested. My reference is a Sony 2v preout deck I tested. On the Sony I had to turn up to nearly 3/4 volume before the dd1 even detected the signal. On the pioneer 4v it detected it thru nearly the entire volume range.

question:

would the bass sound the same in terms of impact, loudness etc if the sub level was set to 0 and gain set accordingly and deck almost maxed out to 39/40 versus the sub level at 8 or 10 with the max deck volume at 30-33ish??

would u be able to tell a difference between the two settings? if so, when u are doing your testing, please check which way sounds better/louder/cleaner

Most rca outs anymore can pretty much hit max or almost max volume without distortion it seems. I wish I'd known that on my last setup.. from what I know now vs then, I likely lost a small amount of output by using the wrong level tones and only 3/4 deck volume. That system only cost me $350 tho due to a trade I did for the amp so I wouldn't have paid for a DD1 back then. With my new systems 3k+ pricetag, a DD1 was not a huge expense to ensure proper setup.

question:

would the bass sound the same in terms of impact, loudness etc if the sub level was set to 0 and gain set accordingly and deck almost maxed out to 39/40 versus the sub level at 8 or 10 with the max deck volume at 30-33ish??

would u be able to tell a difference between the two settings? if so, when u are doing your testing, please check which way sounds better/louder/cleaner

In theory I doubt either would make a difference in sound. I don't think the +/- control reshapes the sound curve, just boosts the output. Changes in eq settings, and bass remotes should effect that much more.

question:

In theory I doubt either would make a difference in sound. I don't think the +/- control reshapes the sound curve, just boosts the output. Changes in eq settings, and bass remotes should effect that much more.

you have the tools to test this , unfortunately i dont,.. so if u have time ,.. do a quick test and see how it sounds vs 0db and 8 or 10db

i did read that the amps gain should always be set in a manner that makes it the lowest.. so that would mean +10 is the way to go according to that statement.

another question.. if you set it at 0 vs 10 would the 0 require more voltage than the 10 since the gain would have to be turned up higher? or would they both be the same? or vice versa?

thanks

I would be willing to bet that no matter which way you set it, be it 40 at 0 or 30 at +10, the amp gain will likely max out at the same point. The DD1 detecting a distorted sine wave shows maximum oUT put has been reached. So in theory if either setting is sending a maximum clean output to the amp, the amp should reach maximum output around the same gain setting.

a question about the time alignment feature. for the subwoofer time alignment.

not sure how much if any audible difference this would make but if the sub box is in trunk and aiming backwards , do you measure from your ear to the back of the box or to the front of the box where the subwoofer is?

Archived