J_west07 Posted June 16, 2016 Report Posted June 16, 2016 Looking for a ported box design for a 8" kicker L5. I've tried using a few box calculators on my phone but I can't even get the tuning to register. I'm going to lowes now to get MDF. Can anyone give me a design for this sub? I've found its 1 cu ft of air space needed. But if someone knows of a better size etc let me know
Wasteland_Audio Posted June 16, 2016 Report Posted June 16, 2016 This should work pretty good for what you're running. It's tuned around 34hz
J_west07 Posted June 16, 2016 Author Report Posted June 16, 2016 Thank you so much! Everytime I click on the pics it won't load so I can't see the exact deminsions cuz I'm on my phone
Wasteland_Audio Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 Top and bottom - 12" deep x 16" wide Back - 12" high x 14.5" wide Side 1 (port side) - 12" high x 12" deep Side 2 - 12" high x 11.25" deep Baffle - 12" high x 13.75" wide Port extension 1 - 12" high x 9" deep Port extension 2 - 12" high x 5" deep You should easily be able to cut all of this out of one 4 x 8 foot sheet and no problem, it's what this forum is for man.
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 I appreciate it man got my wood nails and glue
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 115 bucks on MDF,screws,liquid nail, clamps, straight edge, and a square. Ready to rock and roll
Wasteland_Audio Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 well lets see some build pics when you're done
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 Will do brotha. This is for my girls car. Extra MDF will go towards my build for my amp rack. been planning on doing a build log for my car. I've got a crescendo encore 4.5k and getting a AA team sub gonna run it at .5 ohm. I've gotta figure out the box calculator etc tho cuz I wanna build that box too.
Wasteland_Audio Posted June 17, 2016 Report Posted June 17, 2016 well let me know when you're ready and i'll help you out with that too. I'm better at bigger boxes lol
J_west07 Posted June 17, 2016 Author Report Posted June 17, 2016 Will do! Prob need to be around 6-8 cu ft
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.