Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

18" FU 750 (First real build) How's this look?


BackAtit

Recommended Posts

Posted

Well, gonna go big (for me) or go home and ordered a 750 18 FU Audio.

http://www.fuaudio.com/#!750-manual/c1kkw

Planning on getting a PPI Phantom 1000.1 to run on it.

http://precisionpower.com/product/p1000-1/

Now to the box, I have around 36L x 24D x 24H to work with in a trailblazer. Hope to do sub up, port back.

Thinking of either doing a big ass cube 24x24x24 outer with one of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/222111687246?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

One thing about this I think would be cool that I could see the sub working over the back seat. (Also, this could be done with one sheet of mdf I think, because I am a cheap bastard)

Or 34x24x20 with that same aero.

Or doing around the same size box with a slot port. Hoping to tune all around 31-32.

I don't have any program to check the frequency response but would like to have something that isn't completely peaked low, but that is a bigger desire than the high frequency life I have been living. Thanks in advance.

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

Posted

Hmm. Sealed seems like I would be losing a lot of output across the board. I wouldn't mind a gradual slope toward higher frequencies, but I mainly want some low end with good output.

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

It will work fine in a ported box.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

It will work fine in a ported box.

Any critiques of the above designs I listed? Suggestions? I know you know your stuff.

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

It will work fine in a ported box.

Based on experience with sub or are you looking at parameters? i was looking at EBP of 36 which is pretty low.

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

It will work fine in a ported box.

Any critiques of the above designs I listed? Suggestions? I know you know your stuff.

I think what you have in mind sounds pretty good. I'd shoot for 6 cu ft net airspace. If you think you might run more than 1,000 watts in the future is suggest more port area than a single 8" port, but it should be fine on 1000 watts.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

It will work fine in a ported box.
Any critiques of the above designs I listed? Suggestions? I know you know your stuff.

I think what you have in mind sounds pretty good. I'd shoot for 6 cu ft net airspace. If you think you might run more than 1,000 watts in the future is suggest more port area than a single 8" port, but it should be fine on 1000 watts.

Sub is 750 rms but most say it is underrated like an SA. I think 1,000 should be plenty to run safe daily and not have to do too many electrical upgrades.

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

It will work fine in a ported box.

Based on experience with sub or are you looking at parameters? i was looking at EBP of 36 which is pretty low.

Based on the parameters and how the modeled frequency response looked. EBP is an indicator, but is isn't everything.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

that sub would be better in a sealed box. if you go ported it will probably be really peaky.

It will work fine in a ported box.
Based on experience with sub or are you looking at parameters? i was looking at EBP of 36 which is pretty low.

Based on the parameters and how the modeled frequency response looked. EBP is an indicator, but is isn't everything.

Do you have a frequency diagram from the specs you suggested? Just curious.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 665 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...