DD-1 Question.

fracl

Bass Boost and Gain are 2 complete different things. You should have a dial for both, not one doing both. If it is labeled gain, than that is the gain, and not a bass boost.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Bass Boost and Gain are 2 complete different things. You should have a dial for both, not one doing both. If it is labeled gain, than that is the gain, and not a bass boost.

You're right my bad, I meant the Bass boost.

I would leave the bass boost alone

ok so, turn the Bass Boost gain to "0" on the amp and not use the bass boost knob.. is this what you meant?

Yes. Im saying dont use the bass boost at all

Clarion cz702

Ssa evil mids and tweeters

ppi 900.4

2 zcon 18s

Taramps 10k

3 big dekas 1 xs

3 runs of 4/0 and big 3

300+ amp ohio generator

155.7 on dash at 36 (peak) 152 at 25

ok so, turn the Bass Boost gain to "0" on the amp and not use the bass boost knob.. is this what you meant?

Never use bass boost. And if you ever have an amp that comes with a knob, only use it if it is a variable gain adjustment, not a variable bass boost adjustment. And when you go to set the amp, make sure that knob is is set to max. So that way when you have it turn to max it is distortion free. If you set it in the middle, any time you go over halfway you more than likely will have some sort of distortion or clipping.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Never use bass boost. And if you ever have an amp that comes with a knob, only use it if it is a variable gain adjustment, not a variable bass boost adjustment. And when you go to set the amp, make sure that knob is is set to max. So that way when you have it turn to max it is distortion free. If you set it in the middle, any time you go over halfway you more than likely will have some sort of distortion or clipping.

in the book it says - Variable Bass Boost (at 40hz) 18db - so i'll make sure it is turned down to zero on the amp and i'll unplug the wire.

thanks for explaining.

pretty sure crescendos knobs are gain knobs not bass boost.

It says "Remote Bass Control: so I don't know?!

I just read on another site that some guy called them, and was told that " if you set the bass boost to zero on the amp, it will THEN act as a remote gain knob."

pretty sure crescendos knobs are gain knobs not bass boost.

It says "Remote Bass Control: so I don't know?!

I just read on another site that some guy called them, and was told that " if you set the bass boost to zero on the amp, it will THEN act as a remote gain knob."

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Crescendo, and was told it is a Bass Boost. and not to use it when setting it up with the DD-1, he told me to get an LC1 Remote Amplifier Level Controller instead.

The Feature I mentioned Above only work on the Bass Clef series.

Archived