How much battery ah is needed.

I don't understand what u want if your looking for power when parked get a A/C volt converter but if it's just at idle u need to drop some cash on a ALT , pretty cut an dry

That's what i'm trying to say but everyone seems bent on getting a charger. If your vehicle is a daily driver and you want to play your music while on the road (especially long trips) you need to get a HO alt. If you rely on a charger you only have so long before you can't play your music anymore and either have to wait to get home to charge it or wait for your tiny alt to recharge everything. I understand getting a charger if you're running a huge setup because there is no possible way to fit enough alts but this guy isn't running 20k. It's like having a remote control car. If you have one that runs of batteries, you can only play for so long before you have to go inside to charge/replace them but if it runs off solar you can play with it all day long and not worry about it.

I don't understand what u want if your looking for power when parked get a A/C volt converter but if it's just at idle u need to drop some cash on a ALT , pretty cut an dry

That's what i'm trying to say but everyone seems bent on getting a charger. If your vehicle is a daily driver and you want to play your music while on the road (especially long trips) you need to get a HO alt. If you rely on a charger you only have so long before you can't play your music anymore and either have to wait to get home to charge it or wait for your tiny alt to recharge everything. I understand getting a charger if you're running a huge setup because there is no possible way to fit enough alts but this guy isn't running 20k. It's like having a remote control car. If you have one that runs of batteries, you can only play for so long before you have to go inside to charge/replace them but if it runs off solar you can play with it all day long and not worry about it.

Having a charger takes the strain off the alt.... you can't seriously not have a charger when you own a bank of batteries.

Having a charger takes the strain off the alt.... you can't seriously not have a charger when you own a bank of batteries.

What size bank are you talking about? I've seen someone who had a bank of 6 batteries and did just fine without a charger.

Also, the alt will be strained either way if it can't support the amount of power being drawn. While you're out playing your music, your alt is trying to supply enough power. If your alt can't supply enough power, not only is the alt being strained but you're draining your batteries. Then you have to plug it in when you get home because you're electrical can't keep up assuming you didn't give it enough time to recharge itself. Doesn't make sense to get a charger before a HO alt. If you get the alt and it isn't able to supply enough power then I could see needing the charger if you can't add another alt or get a more powerful one. That's why I said that a charger would just be a band-aid in this case. One HO alt should be plenty for this application.

Also, the alt will be strained either way if it can't support the amount of power being drawn. While you're out playing your music, your alt is trying to supply enough power. If your alt can't supply enough power, not only is the alt being strained but you're draining your batteries. Then you have to plug it in when you get home because you're electrical can't keep up assuming you didn't give it enough time to recharge itself. Doesn't make sense to get a charger before a HO alt. If you get the alt and it isn't able to supply enough power then I could see needing the charger if you can't add another alt or get a more powerful one. That's why I said that a charger would just be a band-aid in this case. One HO alt should be plenty for this application.

I want you to find a case where you can fit enough alt to supply a 30,000-5,0000 watt system. You don't. You buy as much alt as you can fit, and an adequate bank, AND a charger. I don't disagree that you need an alt, but you definitely do need a charger as well.

I want you to find a case where you can fit enough alt to supply a 30,000-5,0000 watt system. You don't. You buy as much alt as you can fit, and an adequate bank, AND a charger. I don't disagree that you need an alt, but you definitely do need a charger as well.

See, now we're saying the same thing. I said that when running a huge setup you will most likely need a charger but for a smaller setup like this you can rely on the alt to recharge the banks. Let the car run for a few minutes after bangin' on it and you should be fully charged so long as you get the proper alt to fit the system. I also said that if you can't fit another alt or you can't find a higher output alt than what you have, that's when a charger comes in handy. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but for something like this, it is a band-aid to poor electrical.

Archived