Second Skin Audio

Aperiodic guidance

I am an old school installer/ enthusiast that has been out of the business for about 16 years. I have always loved the boom but prefer SQ over SPL. I have tinkered with some aperiodic stuff back in the late 80s early 90s but never did a full on setup. I bought an 08 TrailBlazer SS last October and have been pondering my options on how to do this build. The equipment I have is as follows:

1 pair Boston 6.5 components

1 pair Eclipse 6.5 mids (no tweets)

1 pair Boston Competition 8's

1 pair Eclipse 88120 Ti (first series that weren't able to rebuild with a kit)

1 Orion XTR PRO 2400 (Pre-DEI)

1 Orion Xtreme 5004 (Pre-DEI)

2 Kicker KQ30

I have several head units but want to get a new 7-8" touchscreen with Nav.

I can't decide if I want to use the Eclipse and glass them into enclosures on each side of the cargo area or just get some new subs and try an aperiodic, maybe make use of the small storage area in the rear floor. I don't want a big old box in the cargo area, never been fond of losing space when there are ways to better utilize what I have. Not knocking anyone for their choice, it's just not me. So, anyone have any knowledge or experience with aperiodic setups, driver selection etc?

Slimm

Haven't seen an aperiodic enclosure since the late 80s / early 90s ... good luck finding the membrane material.

As far as that Trailblazer goes ... you can easily fit a single 8" midbass driver in its front door stock locations. Just saying

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Haven't seen an aperiodic enclosure since the late 80s / early 90s ... good luck finding the membrane material.

As far as that Trailblazer goes ... you can easily fit a single 8" midbass driver in its front door stock locations. Just saying

When I tinkered with one I just used layers of fiberglass insulation sandwiched between stiff wire mesh. There are a few places that sell the premade vents but I am not sure which route I will go.

Slimm

Archived