TheMonolith2001 Posted July 13, 2016 Report Posted July 13, 2016 Been awhile. Thought I would drop by and mention I finally got a taste of the new stuff. Oh yeah that means I finally used a D-Class amp! I'm only like 20 years late to that party. Did an install for a co-worker in his Hummer H3. Super easy to install stuff in but not as much room as you think. My other friends H2 is WAAAAAAY bigger. I barely had to take the dash apart to install the stereo and that was it. (He's doing door speakers later) even hiding the 0 gauge was easy! The battery overflow....thing....was kinda weird though and we ended up chucking it. Can you even buy batteries that aren't sealed anymore? Even if you could why would you? The last time I saw one of those was probably like mid 90s. Oh and that piece seemed like it was going to redirect battery acid onto the radiator? Seemed kind of useless to me. I actually had to google what it was for haha. To everyone on here it's pretty much an everyone and your mom system with 2X15 Sundown SA on supposedly 1800RMS (should at least be close to sub rating anyway) and a decent Alpine deck. I had just enough 0 gauge left over from last time to wire it up. (It was actually down to the inch) The REALLY cool part though is I guess his dad had one of his buddies over who owns some kind of car shop and upon seeing it was asking for my information to offer me some kind of job. Fingers crossed. I think the Alpine was a CDE-HD148BT and I saw clean output at 35/35 and +15 on the sub with the oscope. I actually had to put the speakers on -12 and I was missing my 80PRS because I wanted to cut even more they are loud AF at 35. Nice head unit though. For some reason the backlighting defaulted to orange. Gotta have that Alpine blue. It definitely sounds completely different from what I have going on. (Different amp classes, sub type/purpose, and tuning) With car audio being so dead around here he is clearly the areas SPL champ now. Most people around here have never encountered something like that before so they usually don't know what to think about it. He gave someone a demo who had never even heard like Walmart subs before and got a pretty crazy reaction. Like holy shit I've been in what was probably some of youse guyses cars at shows which were much louder but for some reason I wasn't really expecting what we got when we turned it on. I have an okayish dB meter I need to use to get a roundabout number.
TheMonolith2001 Posted July 31, 2016 Author Report Posted July 31, 2016 I already did another one! Inverted Soundcubed HDC3.1 18" tuned to 33hz on 1400 RMS in a Ford Ranger. Probably going to be a bit nuts. Aeroports - another first...for car audio anyway. Saved a lot of work kind of but I need to do more bracing now. This box was Birch though so at least there is that. I have it in my Jeep XJ right now with the Fi Q 18" which makes me kind of want to just keep it. Pre-attached speaker wire I thought was going to be cool but actually sucks. There was enough there for what I wanted to do barely. I get it though people cheap out on stupid things. At the same time though you spend ~300 on a sub you should probably know what you are doing or paying someone who does?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.