Second Skin Audio

Needing help designing a box.

I need help from any person good with boxes willing to just give me abit of assistance . Me or anyone I know can't use winISD if our life depended on it , I need a box that is used for home cinema I do not mind the shape, colour, look (rectangle would be preferred and guess that's easiest to do) for a sealed enclosure suitable for a JL Audio 15W0v3-4, a box that just goes down to 20hz is good , looking at around 1.8 cubic feet for optimum off sonic electronix but 2 feet is still ok if that's easer, I dunno do home cinemas need to be done differently ? Thank you to anyone willing to help many ++++++ and good karma :)

I would go ported but I feel I would fail building one , I just wanted a sealed that was able to go down to 20hz but maybe if I pick up my inspiration I can build a ported

Getting good output at 20 hz out of a single sealed sub is going to be a tall order. A ported box will significantly increase your low frequency output.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

I would go ported but I feel I would fail building one , I just wanted a sealed that was able to go down to 20hz but maybe if I pick up my inspiration I can build a ported

Getting good output at 20 hz out of a single sealed sub is going to be a tall order. A ported box will significantly increase your low frequency output.
thanks triticum , always help from you and very true

Here is a graph comparing the output between sealed and ported boxes:

eqgMFWN.png

The blue line is a 2 cu ft sealed box and the green line is a 3 cu ft ported box tuned to 22 Hz.

The ported box beats the sealed box pretty handily below 60 Hz, below 30 Hz it has 5-6 dB more output, which is quite significant. Its larger though.

If you have the room you can get even better performance by using a larger ported box, the orange line is a 6 cu ft box tuned to 22 hz. It would work really well, but your power handling will be reduced somewhat.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Archived