Second Skin Audio

2 pvc ports vs one

Hooah87

Ok so I'm having difficulty trying to figure out my port length my box outer dimensions are 10" height by 36 width by 16 inches deep, using 3/4 mdf . gives me 2.46 cubes gross. My sub takes up .1 giving me 2.36 cubes before port displacement. If my port is 4 inches by 8.5 inches how do I figure out how long to make it to tune it to 29-30hz

Ok so I'm having difficulty trying to figure out my port length my box outer dimensions are 10" height by 36 width by 16 inches deep, using 3/4 mdf . gives me 2.46 cubes gross. My sub takes up .1 giving me 2.36 cubes before port displacement. If my port is 4 inches by 8.5 inches how do I figure out how long to make it to tune it to 29-30hz

Unfortunately, based on those exterior dimensions its not going to be possible to tune the port to much below 40 hz. The port just takes up too much space. You will need to make the box larger.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

That's why I was going to try using the 4 inch pvc ports to save on port displacement. Well that sucks, looks like I'll have to go to plan b or plan c. Plan b is make a sealed box for one of those 12's at one ohm on the amp, or plan c is, I actually have 2 of those 12's but since they are dual 2 ohm subs my total ohm load for both subs being used is either half ohm or 2 ohms, so I guess I could run 2 12's in about a 2.2 cubic ft shared chamber box and run the amp at 2 ohms, I wonder which would sound louder,

Archived