Second Skin Audio

I need a box design for 2 Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm

Geewill

I need a box design for 2 Dayton Audio RSS390HO-4 15" Reference HO Subwoofer 4 Ohm. They're going in a 2002 jeep grand Cherokee so I would like to keep the subs facing up and port to back tuned to 30 hz. The subs will be powered by a Mmats 2000.2 that gives me 1400 rms @ 2 ohms.I only have 38.5 in width because of how my batteries are installed in the back. So I can do 38.5 w x 29 d x whatever height I need for the required airspace.

@ brad i got two soundqubed hds300 in there now but they sound like garbage to me. For some reason 1 of them started rattling on certain bass note mainly the higher bass notes. I got them reconed too so that sucks.

I don't know if they were reconed badly or not but I have read similar stories about these subs rattling. The box is built good I'm sure of that and it was built off of one of you're designs. There is one thing I was wondering tho. The original sub has two dust caps and the recone kit only have one. The rattling noise seems to be coming from under the dust cap.

Don't get me wrong it Will slam but the rattling is killing me. I rather try something else than recone again. They are good subs i wouldn't change them I it wasn't for the rattle. I only said they sound like garbage now because of the rattle.

Archived