RawbDeeni Posted August 18, 2016 Report Posted August 18, 2016 Here is my design. I plan on having the sub on the same face as the port. Any advice would be great.
RawbDeeni Posted August 18, 2016 Author Report Posted August 18, 2016 I want know if this will work well for the zv5. and Should I adjust anything with the port or not
jcarter1885 Posted August 18, 2016 Report Posted August 18, 2016 Try downloading Torres calculator. I wouldnt use RE calculator at all. Nav-TV Zen V Audio Interface AudioControl DM-608 (2) Stevens Audio Neo-Comp Full-Size Horns (4) Faital Pro 6PR160 6.5" AudioControl LC-6.1200 (1) Fi Neo 4.7 15" D2 in 3.74 Cubic Feet @ 27.70 Hz Ampere Audio AA3800.1 Odyssey ODP-AGM48 Battery (Starting) Odyssey ODX-AGM31 Battery (Trunk) Big 3 - 2\0 Welding Cable, KnuKonceptz Speaker Wire & 1/0 Power Cable, NVX RCAs, Second Skin (Speaker Tweaker Pads, Damplifier Pro Mat), Diode Dynamics LEDs
RawbDeeni Posted August 18, 2016 Author Report Posted August 18, 2016 Why do you say re box calculator is bad. What's wrong with my design. I want to make it the best it can be
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 18, 2016 Report Posted August 18, 2016 The RE box calculator doesn't account for subwoofer displacement, which on a Zv5 is going to be significant. How much power are you going to be running? Are you intending to use double thickness walls everywhere? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
RawbDeeni Posted August 18, 2016 Author Report Posted August 18, 2016 I accounted the displacement of .25 in the box volume and made the tuning a little lower so when i added the .25 sub it would be close to 32 hz. I am going to be using a Hifonics Brutus 2400 watt amp. I plan on using 1.5 for the whole box as well as coating the entire inside with resin
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 18, 2016 Report Posted August 18, 2016 A box built using a single layer of 3/4" material with proper bracing will be stronger, lighter, and use less material than a box built using double layers and no bracing. I'd suggest just making the baffle double thickness and make everything else single thickness and add some bracing. I'd also suggest increasing your port area a bit so you are closer to Sundown's recommended 68 sq in. If you change your box so its a single thickness your port can be 14.5" tall and 4.75" wide, which will put your just over 68 sq in of port area. Unless you are doing it for waterproofing reasons, coating a box in resin is a waste of time and money. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
RawbDeeni Posted August 18, 2016 Author Report Posted August 18, 2016 Ok, will this port design work for me or do I need it placed somewhere else?
Triticum Agricolam Posted August 18, 2016 Report Posted August 18, 2016 The port will need to have a bend in it. "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
RawbDeeni Posted August 18, 2016 Author Report Posted August 18, 2016 How would I measure the port length. So I can draw it out or put it in sketchup. I've searched and seen that you measure right down the middle and subtract half the width. Is that true?
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.