Jump to content

3d printed car stereo?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well to say we are living in some awesome times would be an understatement.

Apparently now you can make your own guitar using a special printer . . . at your home!

Has anyone heard of this?

If they can make guitars then why not full on car stereo equipment?

I mean here you can print out a car stereo button for a Volksvagen.

If anyone is into this '3d printing' please pm me. I would love to get into this. Just be patient with me as I'm not that tech savvy :(

Posted

i tried to use a 3d scanner so I could print kickpods but it ended up more time trying to correctly scan the area and design the kickpod than to just fiberglass it.

another issue is most things in car audio need to be rather thick and in 3d printing parts need to be at least partially hollow since the plastic expands and contracts as it's heated and cooled if you print large solid objects they warp fairly easily. It's just not ideal as much as I wanted it to work. once DLP printing becomes mainstream this could change.

Posted

@3vil -Thx for the share man. Awesome information. I had no clue this was already somewhat of a common thing. Great to know :)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3006 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...