Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

2014 Chevy 3500 crew cab subwoofer enclosure


Mike77272

Recommended Posts

Posted

Hey guys I have a 2014 Chevy crew cab 3500 Duramax that I'm looking to put some sub woofers under the rear seat. I'm trying to get the most bass I can use in the space under my rear seat. I know there's not a lot of room under there so I already put a 2 1/2 inch lift on the rear seat.

My measurements now are as follows

Front 10.25"

back 7.5"

width 53"

length 15 inches

I've been reading and looking around at a bunch of different set ups for under the seat of Chevy's but most of them seem to be on the older style. Right now I'm really liking the sundown products and was hoping to do 4 sa8's or x8's.

So it looks like I only have about 3 ft.³ to work with and I'm not sure that's enough room once you take everything else into account for 4 8's.

As far as power concerns I will be running the appropriate sundown amp to match the woofers.

I know you guys got a lot more experience with this than I do so what do you guys recommend the best situation for me. My local car stereo shops are recommending I do 3 to 4 audio mobile GTS 10" sealed or ported.

Thanks for the help Mike

Posted

Remember you have take into consideration that the subs are not pushed against the seat or floor. Your box will be about a 1-1.5" shorter then your max height measurement. Without sitting down and playing with it i'd think you could do 3 sa8's sealed

Posted

If you do that then put grilles or don't let anyone sit in the back. I had a 96 Chevy with 4 10's and I lost two subs due to people kicking them

Posted

Using those measurements in torres I would do (4) sa 8's firing forward with a single 6" aero 28" long fired to the side door. That should give you .53 cubes per sub after displacement and 33 Hz. Thats still low on port area but depending on your power you shouldn't get much noise. Thats just my suggestion.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

Posted

If you went with x8's and 3k i would suggest more port area. Thats going to eat up internal volume so the practical thing would be to do 3 x8's. With the 4 sa8's you get more cone area. I cant tell you which would be louder maybe the x8's but not by much im guessing. I usually opt for cone area but thats your decision.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3894 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...