Second Skin Audio

Please help with my (2) 8" box design

ColumbusJBR

Hey gang,

It's been quite a few years since I've designed a box so I'm looking for a little help.

I recently got a Honda Ridgeline and I'm looking to put subs in the rear of the cabin, under the rear seats. The subs are (2) 8" Rockford Punch P2D2, gonna wire series - parallel to 2 ohms to an Alpine MRV-M500, so the subs and amp should be a fairly good match.

Max working dimensions I have are 9" H x 8" W x 50" L.

The subs call for approx .65 cu ft per (from Rockford). I'm shooting for a 35 - 40hz tuning (unless someone has a recommendation against that)

Here's a rough design plugging in as many known parameters as I can think of.

Box%20Calc.jpg

Any comments? Port area OK? Too small? It's tough to keep the port area up without having to go massive length (which affects net volume).

Also, I was just planning on having the port on left side of the box, rear facing. Subs probably rear facing as well. But that is really an uneducated guess. Any recommendation as far as sub / port direction? Down firing? Up firing?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I like firing the port to the side in this situation for several reasons but mainly so you don't have to bend it. As far as firing the subs to the rear I suppose it fine as long as.they have some room for excursion. Ive never seen it done in an under the seat pickup box but it may be great since they can load off the back wall.

TeamDeadlyHertz-bman8891.png

Archived