Civic hatch wall help

Matt Leisch

people will usually add more baffles than two on the face of walls. Could be an issue, I do see the bracing.

There is some big threaded rod in there visible. I'd be nervous about 2 layers myself though.

All of the Box specs are in a previous post. It has welded black 2" pipe in the box for bracing. Does a 57.3 at 63 hrtz but I'm looking for that 60. Clamped 10k watts. Looking for anyone that sad done or seen a civic with a wall before.

So I've been doing some wall building in my brother's civic (trunk) and what we ran into was a huge issue with depth doing side port. As you extend back along the side wall the top and bottom of the vehicle taper in so getting a consistent port size once you add any depth is problematic, on the flip side reducing port area will shoot you in the foot just as bad or worse trying to lower tuning that way. Our first attempt was 4 12s and side port and that tuned so high, with no hope of tuning lower, that we tore the front off and dropped down to 3 12s with a top port. Of course he wants to play music so we're trying to tune down @ 40hz.

So subs along the bottom and top port works fairly well with the geometry of that cabin (I know a guy with an accura similar body style set up that way) but his DB drag number is way down from his USACi score. Top port is far more friendly to floor metering.

Really I don't see that frequency as being too high for a peak in that short of a cabin space and apart from lack of roundovers on that port the box looks like it was done by someone who knew what they were doing. What amp(s) are you using? IMO that number isn't bad at all.

Archived