crownvictoria31 Posted September 20, 2016 Report Posted September 20, 2016 About to buy two of the 6.5" punch pro mids for my front doors. It will be one on each door with a silk/dome tweeter. Question I have is will my amp be enough for these mids. I am running a Rockford fosgate prime r600x4d. Will 100rms be enough per channel?
bassl0va Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 Should be just fine. Even 200w would only be at most a 3db difference, unnoticeable. And no component speaker could handle that power continuously anyway. I had a set of the original DD components on an 80.2, and swapped to a 50.4 bridged at one point, doubling the power. Made no audible difference. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
crownvictoria31 Posted September 21, 2016 Author Report Posted September 21, 2016 and if I was to change my mind and go with crescendo pwx 6" mids. Will the amp push them well and would I go with the 8ohms or 4 ohms? If I get the 8ohms I would hook them up in parallel and bridge them to the amp giving them 300 watts rms. Any help please. My only concern is the amp. Just wondering if this amp will be more then enough for either mids
bassl0va Posted September 21, 2016 Report Posted September 21, 2016 Either or. a 4 ohm per channel, or 2 paralleled 8 ohm bridged is 200w vs 300w. Even less difference than my above example, and average power would be well under that anyway.The PWX are likely more efficient, which is very good. Higher efficiency > more power. They also may not play as low, I can't verify this since I haven't used either but chances are it's true. One trade off for higher efficiency can be higher fs. The PWX do quote a usable output down to 80hz or so though, and they should do just fine unless you expect them to keep up with some crazy sub stage. What are you running for bass btw?If you went with PWX what will you use for tweeters? Keep in mind PWX doesn't come with crossovers so you either need to run active or sort something out for that. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
crownvictoria31 Posted September 21, 2016 Author Report Posted September 21, 2016 car is a 05 crown vic. Rear deck has four 10" crescendo pwx with three 3.5" pioneer bullet tweeters in a custom made fiberglassed deck. As per bass, I still don't have that set up but it will be around 1k-1200 watts rms range. I was thinking of just installing a silk tweeter on the door panel with a crescendo or a pro punch. What you think?
bassl0va Posted September 22, 2016 Report Posted September 22, 2016 I think it's probably best to match the stuff up unless it's doing different ranges. I'm not keen on mids and tweets being in the back but if your happy with it that's all that matters. Not sure you want to be running different model drivers in the front though, so best to go with the PWXs and if you are happy with the Pioneer tweets, get another pair for the front too. That way all the stuff has the same "sound signature". My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.