07 Altima Sundown Build - Project Sandy

So it's been a while since I did a build log here and thought it would be fun to post one again. Pretty simple build I'll be doing so I'm trying to keep it as clean as possible. Unfortunately, my car has the Bose system in it so I'm going to have to work around it all for now. The speakers are all wired up through the stock Bose amp (worst) so that will be worked with as well. Headunit is remaining stock and I will splice into the signal that goes into the bose amp with an Audiocontrol LC2i. Might be easier to just pull it all out and go all aftermarket but will get there eventually. In the meantime, Bose it is.... <_<

First step is running some RF 1/0 wire I had laying around to the back. I'm also running a 18ga line to power up the Audiocontrol converter.

ii6B24e.jpg?1

VgcRu9Y.jpg?2

Nice and clean. This is going to be a work in progress so a new batt, alt, big 3 etc all coming up. Little by little...

Here is how the empty trunk looks like now.

qKv9Odp.jpg?1

3snY5IY.jpg?2

a49gu4Y.jpg?1

I just bought some Sky High Audio 16ga wire to color coordinate all these messy connections I did (all I had was blue!)

Just wanted to hook them all up and see if it'll power on for me. Which it did! So good news there.

Pic of my equipment - 1 SAE-1500D and a Sundown SA-Ultra I picked up at the yard sale recently. Beastly sub.

MQx4DSd.jpg?1

IIUlXAt.jpg?1

I wanted to see if the sub would work or if it would need a recone coming from the yard sale. But it worked! So now I can continue with the project.

SoKdW0Y.jpg?1

tI50iUW.jpg?1

Here's a picture of my Sandy getting ready for some bumpin :D

fwfSBRg.jpg?1

Team Bass-Hz

I was wondering if I were to connect each voice coil to both amp inputs, what would the end configuration be? Would the amp know what to do?

I had in mind to wire the sub in parallel to get the lowest configuration possible as I don't know the ohms of the sub. Don't have a dmm ftl

OaSzazS.jpg?2

Would it know to power it at the lowest impedance it can get to without damaging it or better not to do it? :unknw:

Team Bass-Hz

Wiring low will put your amp at risk not your sub, also it will potentially strain the electrical system. I would definately put the money down to check your sub out with a dmm before you have to spend money on a new sub or amp.

Kenwood KVT-614

(4) Marathon 155 AH batts

2/0 OFC SHCA

Mechman 370

(2) Audioque 3500.1

(2) AA Mayhem 15s

Did some more work yesterday. Finally bought the sheet of mdf and cut it all up. Don't mind that top piece, I was practicing my angle cut but it was all bad lol

K7H3zH7.jpg?1

Quick mock-up of how it'll look like, slot port will be on the passengers side when in the car. Didn't insert the angle piece by the port wall since I'll have to recut it again..

2aDq76x.jpg?1

UcUtHfx.jpg?1

5dD786D.jpg?1

Box is almost 2cu ft @ 34.45hz

GkMpMTq.jpg

Team Bass-Hz

Im still debating on how to finish up the box. I had in mind originally to paint the box with roundover edges but might just cover it up with carpet to make things simpler. We'll see.. In the mean time, I wanted to paint the port white so I bought some white spray paint to paint it:

zLAkNQh.jpg?2

YalaGaO.jpg?1

But I didn't like how spotty the paint was coming out so I decided to go regular paint. I had some light grey/blue paint on hand so went with it. I kinda like this color since the outside of the box will be a black/charcoal color so it should hopefully be a nice contrast:

Ft1u1Cm.jpg?1

TXJrJ7y.jpg?1

5BINLfF.jpg?1

IsC59cf.jpg?1

ZAfFjOf.jpg?2

I'll be putting on a second coat later today and will cut the hole out for the sub and speaker terminal. Starting to take shape!

Team Bass-Hz

Archived