Second Skin Audio

can i hair trick?/ waterproofing

rfbasshead

so upgrading to 6 ten inch p3 on a t2500 in a 4th order box. its going to go into the back of a single cab tacoma and port through the back window (its easier to put a window in than to fix the metal). so my first question is do you think im going to be able to hair trick? my second question is how do i water proof the thing? buy a bunch of silicon and seal it up? foam? never wet?

Your equipment in that vehicle is very capable of doing a hair trick if the build and install is done well.

As far as weatherproofing goes...is your question about how to make the seal between your enclosure and cab or about how to weatherproof the actual enclosure?

Team NorthWestSPL

You use an accordion boot seal to seal the gap between the cab and the bed/ camper shell.

As far as waterproofing the enclosure I'd use truck bed liner.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you want specific suggestions you should throw up some pics.

Is there anything else going in the bed that can't get wet (Amps, batts, etc)?

If not, one option would be to just finish the enclosure in something waterproof, then not actually worry about sealing up the camper shell. Just make sure your seal into the cab is good.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived