Second Skin Audio

Box port in^2 question. i know this is asked a lot

killerc998

I started at 5 cu ft and went down to 4, same as I started at 40 hz and went to 38, might move to 36 haven't decided on that yet. Same as I'm looking at if I can fit it do 2 8" ports and really bring velocity down. I know using the winisd when the temp is cooler it had a little lower velocity at a bit under 29.

I wouldn't worry about the temperature too much. Just go into WinIsd and play around with different volumes, port area's and tuning to get what you're looking for. I would try to go lower than 29 if you could. You can't really go too big for port area (unless it is insanely and obliviously too big). Just remember that the more area you have the longer it will need to be to stay in the same tuning.

ya playing with it all day today at work, Iv got it to were its at 29 with max amp out put of 3000, subs wont see that. most I see them getting is 2500, and that pushing it. so I'm looking at about 27-28 ms now. and that's tuned to 40. I could lower it. But depending on how accurate winisd is on db. I'm gonna leave it at 40hz and 4 cubes with 2 6" ports. it gets me an extra db. now does that translate over in to the truck? Who knows.

don't really worry about what it predicts your SPL will be. That SPL you're seeing, if i'm not mistaken, is what it would be rated at if your box was out in an open field with nothing around it. Use it more as a guideline to see what the frequency response is.

Archived