Sundown Audio

amp settings

lchadwick38

I have a fosgate 750r hooked up to a sundown sa 15 dvc wired to 1ohm. What do the dials on the amp need to be set at? On the 750r there's 4. punch eq, frequency hz, infrasonic filter, and gain. I know what gain is ( it's not a volume knob) but what do the other dials need to be set at. The box has 3ft of airspace tuned to 33 hz.

Punch EQ: no clue. I think it's a kind of bass boost?

"Frequency hz": probably your Low Pass Filter. That's personal preference to where you want your sub to start filtering the higher frequencies. I would recommend starting around 150hz and working it down until you find a level that you like. If you know where your kids are crossed over at, then setting your filter at that same point would be a good place to start.

Infrasonic filter: this is a high pass filter. Rule of thumb is 1/2 octave lower than the tuning of your ported enclosure. But that's not always best. You have to know your equipment and what it is capable of playing without being damaged. If you go by the rule of thumb, then you should set yours at 25.

Edit: :rofl: kids are crossed over.... bahaha. I meant mids. My bad

Archived