Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Sub woofers being off set from blow through hole. (starts 4th post)


killerc998

Recommended Posts

Posted

How bad is it to have a port ratio of 10. the port would be 3*x30, which comes to 90 square inch of port. I will be round the edges of the port. I know its not ideal. I would rather do 4x22.5 but don't have the room. Its in a blow through. The hole is 11.5 tall x 39.5 wideand the subs take 8.5" outside mounting depth. it leaves me just 3". trying to see what yall think.

Subs are ct-sounds strato 8s dual 1ohm, running it on a t1500.d1 (3k max) box is almost 6 cubes before displacement, and will be 4 cubes after subs, port, bracing.

electrical is upgraded for stock 105 alt to an ad244 145 alt, 2 super start platinum agm 78plt batteries (its what I have local and I don't want to ship batteries for any reason), running 1/0 ofc military spec wire, only place I have cca wire is the 1 ft run from the power shunt to the t1500.d1, ran out of the other wire.

Posted

At 10:1 you are quite a bit over what I'd like to see. Based on a equivalent area formula I use your 3" x 30" port will be roughly equivalent to a 9" round port, or 64 sq in. You may want to increase the port area some to compensate if you can.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Posted

would setting the subs off set from the blow through cause any problems? I'm trying to find a way to get more port square". I have looked and all I can find is a youtube.com video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9WCYG1goDQ subs are shown from 0:04-0:11. Please let me know if this will cause any issues. And will it cause a loss of sound?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4839 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...