Mayhem 18 / iNuke 3000DSP Awesomeness

Ok here goes.

Finally finished my box... 5.5 cubes tuned to 32. I decided to keep it in my room till I finish my other project so I could get some use out of it. Got a Behringer iNuke NU3000DSP amp to power it "temporarily". Tops are Wharfdale Diamond 10.2's running off a surprisingly badass little SMSL SA-98E. Since the -3dB downpoint of the Wharfdales is 40 hz I tried setting the LPF on the Behringer at 40 hz as well. After a couple hours I decided on a 24 dB slope and a Bessel alignment. To my ears the Bessel alignment has a nice curve that lets me crank the gain and still sound completely natural, bringing up the bottom end without mudding the upper bass. I haven't even had to touch the eq... yet. I used some good recordings and kick drum samples to make sure. Sounds snappy on the kick but really preserves the overhang of the drum head (if there is one in the recording). "Man in the Mirror" never sounded so good and Chimaira's drum kit is done justice. But.. It sounded so natural I was wondering if I had toned down the brutality of the Mayhem. I looked out the window and saw all my neighbors' cars were gone so I said fuck it and put on some DJ Billy E.

Holy. Fuck.

The rattling sound is my windows.

Cant wait to see what it does in a car.

XS Power D5100, 2 D2700s, & 2 D975s

MechMan 220a Alt

DC 5K

Kicker 650.4

2 12 Ascendant Audio Mayhem's

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

Rockford Fosgate 3sity.1

Build log: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166792-88-nissan-maxima-trunk-build/#entry2430899

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/191439-lexus-is300-fi-crescendo-shca-rf-pics/

Archived