Second Skin Audio

Sub Direction In A Cut Through

DPS

I have a cut through now for 4 12's I want to do 8. It has been my understanding that it doesn't matter which way the subs face in a ported box becuase all the sound comes out of the port. I have also heard that both the sub and the port interact with the airspace they co exist in.

My dillemma is that I want the port(s) facing in the truck and the subs firing up into the tonneau cover as to maximize space. I wanted the area b/t the two to be sealed off (sealed cab area) Will this work?

I have a cut through now for 4 12's I want to do 8. It has been my understanding that it doesn't matter which way the subs face in a ported box becuase all the sound comes out of the port (this is not true, the closer to tune frequency you get the more the sound comes from the port, but the back wave and front wave are still interacting) . I have also heard that both the sub and the port interact with the airspace they co exist in. (this is correct, if you remember from a physics class sub and port placement are very important because you can create contructive and destructive sound waves. this is also sometimes refered to the phase of the front and backwave interacting with eachother)

My dillemma is that I want the port(s) facing in the truck and the subs firing up into the tonneau cover as to maximize space. I wanted the area b/t the two to be sealed off (sealed cab area) Will this work? so long as the sub and port are in the same airspace you'll be fine, it will not sound right if you separate and only hear the port. Most of the time when people have your dilema they tend to build a bandpass box.

If you use the search button and look for blow-thru u should get some builds that you can relate to

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

its kool dude...if he wants to ask its aight.

theres not TOO many blowthrough builds on here so its kool

i had my 15s facing each other. 2 on the left side 2 on the right

100_1698.jpg

100_1742.jpg

100_2019.jpg

heres my SOTM thread with some pics and heres my build thread

results from that was MAD lows. not too many high hitting songs but i was in the low 140s at like 30 Htz.the faults were the box was too small, not enough airspace for 15s..with some modifications to that 12s would be louer. IE smaller port, more box space internal. also my cut out was too small but i didnt want THAT big of a hole in my truck

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

Archived