DB Electrical Alternators? I have one...

A bench test clamping near 400 is not the same as claiming it's a 400 amp alt. Singer doesn't sell "400 amp" alts but they will bench test every bit close to that.

That,.... is KINDA what i was getting at. ;)

He doesnt even sell a rated 400 amp alt. The twins had something close, but.

I certainly didnt know he made a 400amp for a buick ...but maybe hes expanding large output alts to that platform...... i guess? , maybe? ;)

edit- i think there may be a 390, here and there....... but, anyway,.... when you get the alt OP, please post pics... Im into that shit. TIA

A bench test clamping near 400 is not the same as claiming it's a 400 amp alt. Singer doesn't sell "400 amp" alts but they will bench test every bit close to that.

That,.... is KINDA what i was getting at. ;)

He doesnt even sell a rated 400 amp alt. The twins had something close, but.

I certainly didnt know he made a 400amp for a buick ...but maybe hes expanding large output alts to that platform...... i guess? , maybe? ;)

edit- i think there may be a 390, here and there....... but, anyway,.... when you get the alt OP, please post pics... Im into that shit. TIA

Sure, pics for you. Also, I rounded the number so my alterboner can be bigger. It's a 380A. I've seen the alts do 400 in a couple bench videos, so I think this one can probably spare the extra 20A in a burst.

It's the biggest one he sells that will fit this car, I was surprised that I could even get one that big for a Buick, considering it's a grandpa car (even though this thing pulls like a goddamned V8)

I'll post some pics of the start of the build tomorrow. I don't have the amps yet, but tomorrow I will have the subs and the box.

After that I'll do the wiring (if it's not fucking blizzarding like today)

Then doors and wiring for the doors. I'm not doing deadening because >lazy. I just want to be loud, don't care for SPL competitions, I have a 1992 Trecel I'm probably gonna buy from a friend and wall off with 4 18's in the future.

Other than that I really don't care for deadening, this is gonna be my daily driver so I want to be insane, but not too insane.

The current setup of the car is an Audiobahn A8000T monoblock 400W version that I found in the trash and fixed. Then just some shitbox walmart headunit. Single din (I know it's a sin), will have a double din in after door speakers get done.

After all that shit I have to remove the spare and put in the (what I hope will fit) 4 XS Power D3100's and all that 0 gauge. Then wire the amps and I'm done.

What vehicle is it? and year? now im curious.

He just said, it is a 390, basically (basically) like Audiofanatics dc power 390 platform(s). Thats what you run right Brian?

So, i stand a lil corrected. And apologize. Muh bad. Just never had him tell me he has 400amp alts ready to send.

It will put out for sure.

Please show a pic or 50 when its in hand, or in and spinning please.

What vehicle is it? and year? now im curious.

He just said, it is a 390, basically (basically) like Audiofanatics dc power 390 platform(s). Thats what you run right Brian?

So, i stand a lil corrected. And apologize. Muh bad. Just never had him tell me he has 400amp alts ready to send.

It will put out for sure.

Please show a pic or 50 when its in hand, or in and spinning please.

2003 Buick Century Custom.

Paid almost nothing for the car as it was an old lady's who passed away, has 80k on the odometer, no rust whatsoever.

I put some new tires on it and a blower motor resistor and it worked perfectly.

Archived