Sonic Electronix

Sound deadening question. More deadener or better quality?

I don't know if this is against the rules or not, but there is a nice thread from another source where this guy did testing on all different types of deadener for a few years. If you have the time to go through it all, it's a good read. If not, just skip to the last page.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/member-reviews-product-comparisons/146403-sound-deadening-cld-testing.html

I wouldn't call testing products in your moms basement with refrigerators, clocks, and dogs compromising the tests as "scientific", our testing and other brand testing costs $5,000 -$10,000 each time, and is done with all variables monitored properly. We also currently have some of our products being tested by Ohio State University sound study, that's good testing on a scientific level. It is a very good read and offers some insight into the world of deadeners and shows the companies that use cheap fillers (as their results are low) Our favorite part of his testing is not using our name when our brand is the only one that past his 300+ degree oven testing, we were merely referred to as the "other brand" because our high quality American made product is the ONLY butyl product that can withstand temperatures well up to 450 degrees.

I agree that it isn't a high level of testing, but it does show the deadening comparisons with the waterfall graph which correlates to the dampening factor. It's a good read nonetheless and gives you an idea of what products are complete crap. On a side note with the heat testing, I think that completely factors in to what you're going install. I'm glad you're deadener can withstand up to 450 degrees, because if it gets that hot in my truck, I'm not going to be in it. :) I am trying to decide what brand I want to use for deadener. I have a 2010 dodge ram 1500 crew cab if you'd be interested in the amount I need and what it's going to cost. ;) 25% coverage with cld in the whole interior of truck, ccf, and mlv. I've seen your website and not too sure if it's an exact or an estimate. I like specifics. :)

Then I guess I'll take my business elsewhere since I didn't get a reply or pm. Works for me.

Archived