Second Skin Audio

Single 12 box design

Mitchaford

These are the panels. Keep in mind, if I say a directional such as front or back I am looking from the port side and that the front is where the mouth of the port is. I will post pictures of these measurements once I get my laptop's charger back from my girlfriend. Let me know if you have questions in the meantime.

Top/Bottom

30”W x 25”D (if looking from the front)

3 pieces. One for the bottom and 2 for the top. Bottom piece is plain. Top pieces have the hole cut outs for the sub. For the center of both circle cutouts, you go 12.5” to the left from the bottom right corner and 10” up (looking at sheet from the top). The diameter of the bottom circle is 14 1/8” and the top circle is 15 5/8”

Left/Right

24.25”W x 13.75”H (if looking from the side)

3 pieces. One piece for the left side and two for the right (if looking from the port side)

Back

30”W x 13.75”H (if looking from the front)

One piece. Plain

Front

22.75”W x 13.75”H (if looking from the front)

Two pieces. These panels are attached to the right side panels (if looking from the front).

Port (2 different pieces)

17.75”W x 13.75”H (if looking from the side)

One piece. Connects to front piece and extends to back wall. This should have a 5" space between the left side panel and the port wall.

17”W x 13.75”H (if looking from the front)

One piece. Connects on the side of the first port wall and extends to the right wall. This should have a 5" space between the back panel and the port wall. Should also have a 5" space left from the end to the right side panel.

Bracing

Whole starting piece is 6 7/8”W x 13.75”H

Large triangle cut out of side is the full height of the piece and 3 3/16” into the piece (make a x from corner to corner and cut out a piece that goes from top to bottom)

Small trapezoid at the bottom is 3 13/16” on the bottom line. 5 1/8” @ 65 degrees from the bottom line for the right side line. 3 7/8” for the left line @ 49.6 degrees from the top of

the right line. Small straight piece on the left is 1 /3/16”

Smaller triangle on the top is a right triangle. Top line is 3 13/16”. Left side line is 8 3/16”. Hypotenuse (angled line) is 9 1/16”.

To make it all easier to understand, just know and keep in mind that the edges of both shapes (trapezoid and right triangle) have a 1” space between their lines and the borders of the brace

There are three braces. One between the port wall and the front wall. One between the two port walls. One between the front wall and the right side wall.

Like I said, i'll get pics up with all the measurements as well once I get my charger back.

I wrote everything down, cut sheet and all. Will be building in before the holidays so you'll see your finished product within the next week or so.

Only question is what is the final volume of the box?

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Are you okay with the angles needed for the braces? Triticum and I were discussing maybe changing up the bracing ever so slightly (still same style of panels just in a different location). If you're cool with it then we can proceed or you can just stick with what we got. Sorry for all the changes, we're just trying to get this thing as good as it can be from a design perspective. The total volume will be about 2.6 ft^3

Are you okay with the angles needed for the braces? Triticum and I were discussing maybe changing up the bracing ever so slightly (still same style of panels just in a different location). If you're cool with it then we can proceed or you can just stick with what we got. Sorry for all the changes, we're just trying to get this thing as good as it can be from a design perspective. The total volume will be about 2.6 ft^3

I am good to go with everything, all looks good.

2008 VW Jetta

Team Fi 12 

CT 4000.1

CT 125.4

PWX 6.5

80 PRS

EB Flex 2/0

Second Skin

^^^ Build ^^^

Here are all of the Dimensions with pictures. If you want to see a particular angle or measurement let me know.

Port Mouth with first panel
cflDold.png

Second Port Panel
9vXxaLP.png

How the Port Panels meet up
NPoTMah.png

Front Panel
7tHcD4k.png

Back Panel
2VC38pF.png

Side Panels
3hstqwR.png

Circle Cutouts
6pJ9hvI.png

Baffles
ivMyM8d.png

Right Triangle Cutout in Brace
QQLD7y5.png

Trapezoid Cutout in Brace
nUnfGeU.png

Edges of Brace
CESX6ew.png

Angle 1 of Trapezoid (Actual number in bottom right Corner of picture)
LSBK9tB.png

Angle 2
MudxWDO.png

Angle 3
a0iXjxN.png

Total Width of Brace
g3LYCsE.png

Again, if you need a different angle or have any questions just post them up and i'll do my best to answer.

hot damn this box is about to be great.

Thank you times 100 my man. I really appreciate the work you've put into this thing.

It was my pleasure. I like designing and want/need more practice. Please make a build log once you start this! I want to see it come along.

Archived